Unusual Names

Whipitgood

My first dog was called Boy. So obvious it's different in these days of high falutin' names.

My Border Collie Elvis just gets boy these days :lol:.

Oh my 2 younger cats are Andy and Montana.

Gremlins

Edited by nawnim

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha that's awesome!

I like Zebedee too but that was the name of my hubby's beloved cat that one of my dogs killed :-/ so ill steer clear of that one I think.

Fluffy.... 'cause he's not!

Bruce. Because he is born to run ( though you don't want human names. So you could call him Boss. )

Xpress. No stopping!!

Bolt. Fast runner!!!

Fly. Goes so fast he almost does.

I had a dog called Zebedee growing up. Zebby for short.

I have also had a Halley - named after the comet.

Twistie (one of our cats) because life is pretty straight without her.

Glad you like them :D .

I don't really go for human names, but funnily enough three of our current dogs have them! Mainly because my OH had had naming rights on some of them and he seems to keep picking them :laugh: .

So we have Hamish, Grace and Louise...... :o

Agree that using Zebedee in those circumstances is probably not a good idea.

I like weird names too I've got these on my possible next puppy name list:

Regal,Royal, Chivalry, Verity, Valiant,Civil, Celerity, Polaris, North, Viking, Swift, Nimble, Chimera, Cult, Sabbath, Pagan, Musique, Taika.

At the moment I have a Dante (the most normal name), Alchemy, Beowulf, Daenerys, Ahti and Seti

...Farseer fan? :D

Yes we've had lots of human babies born lately called Brax! I didn't realise why till someone told me about the guys on home and away!

I was contemplating a litter a couple of months ago a "B" litter........my daughter said "how awesome" could we choose his kennel name and call him "Brax" after one of her River Boy favorites on Home and Away :D

Helmut!

When I had a foster grey that I thought was going to be a foster failure, I changed his name to that. It was going to be Helmut as in, distinguished german gentleman (which he was definitely NOT!!) But you could do helmet, as in.. Head thing. And could still get away with calling him Hellhound :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

• 4 months later...

Does anyone have any suggestions for really cool 'old man' names?

I just have a thing for the daggy names, all my animals are massive goofballs anyway....

Barry, Graham, Wayne, Horace, Marlon, Norman, Edmond, Donald.

Just did a quick look through the old people I work with :rofl:

Oh, I always thought it was Ack-eron, I shall say it in my head correctly now :)

It is correctly pronounced Ackeron (with a gutteral emphasis on the ck, almost like clearing your throat) but in the books the character gets tired of people mispronouncing it and uses Asheron. Incidentally the name means "River of Woe" or in modern vernacular "Little Sh*t". I haz one named it too.

Edited by Ams

I just have a thing for the daggy names, all my animals are massive goofballs anyway....

Barry, Graham, Wayne, Horace, Marlon, Norman, Edmond, Donald.

Just did a quick look through the old people I work with :rofl:

HAHAHA. Horace is fab! I like that!

I'll add that to my little notebook.

Percival (Percy), Horatio, Belvedere, Frank, there are a few Geoffreys at my park, Dashiell (Dash!), Dougal, Winston, Clarency, Norbert, Walter, Otto (!!! I love this one), Elroy, Hubert, Cecil, Harold

Old man dogs are the best. I currently have an old man foster :)

10093_10151578354694188_1302946233_n.jpg

Percival (Percy), Horatio, Belvedere, Frank, there are a few Geoffreys at my park, Dashiell (Dash!), Dougal, Winston, Clarency, Norbert, Walter, Otto (!!! I love this one), Elroy, Hubert, Cecil, Harold

Old man dogs are the best. I currently have an old man foster :)

10093_10151578354694188_1302946233_n.jpg

Winston, Elroy and Norbert go in the notebook too!

I actually have a physical notebook on my desk at work, what can I say, it's a slow day :laugh: