Man Fined $7500 For Beating Puppy To Death

A WILSON man has been fined $7500 and banned from owning a pet for five years after beating his puppy to death.

Chin Wei Chin, 22, was found guilty of one count of animal cruelty in Perth Magistrates Court today for killing his young female Shih-Tzu dog Cookie.

The court was told that at 1am on March 3 this year, witnesses heard Mr Chin yelling at the dog, who was barking.

Shortly after, witnesses allegedly heard several thumping sounds following by yelping noises.

When someone went to investigate, Mr Chin said the dog had bitten him.

The witness said the dog appeared to be frightened and hid under a bed.

The dog was returned to its cage, but several minutes later further thumping noises and yelps were heard, continuing for about 15 minutes.

The dog was found lying motionless on a bed in its cage with red eyes and was not breathing properly.

Mr Chin told witnesses he had given the dog a pill, but the following morning the animal was dead.

At about 2pm the same day, a witness received a mobile phone message from Mr Chin stating that he had killed the dog.

An RSPCA inspector spoke to Mr Chin on March 5 and he told him the dog had a needle stuck in its throat. He admitted he would smack the puppy and knew it was wrong.

He also claimed he took the dog to a vet, but further enquiries revealed there were no records of the dog attending a veterinary clinic.

Link here My link

Why some people are allowed to own a dog at all...

Heavier penalties are great for the sake of justice, but what I would like to see is a license for dog owners that is earned. Education and temperament testing - we expect the same of many dogs before they live with us. This would prevent so many Christmas puppies for children and violent, moronic people like this from getting their hands on dogs. Of course, to be effective this would also require dogs being supplied only by reputable breeders. Realistically, it would be complicated and incredibly difficult to regulate, not to mention expensive (although, the number of fines I could see the authorities collecting...)

And then, in all fairness, it should apply to all animals really.

I just hate people sometimes. How unfortunate that a dog should end up with a monster like that.