Dogs Nsw Members Please Note

jan seary

Those of you for whom Dogs NSW have e-mail addresses should recently have received a communication from the office asking you to vote in an on-line petition, and giving you a particular link to access the petition.This is on a very important issue and I urge you all to vote and encourage as many friends and relatives as you can to do so. The links are specific to electoral boundaries, so anyone, member or not, can vote in their own electorate.

Our aim is to prevent legislation which, I understand, will give the RSPCA and /or the AWL the authority to police dog breeders, inspect our premises and possibly charge an annual licence fee for the right to breed and sell puppies. For many years the RSPCA and other Welfare Organisations have sought to control the activities of Registered Pure Bred Dog Breeders, this Legislation will give them that power. Unfortunately, it will merely drive the “for profit breeders” underground and the ones to be affected will be us - the Members of Dogs NSW; even if your dogs live indoors, if you want to breed a litter, your premises will be inspected.

If you have any questions, please contact the Director representing your Region of Dogs NSW. All contact details are on the Dogs NSW web site.

Please everyone, get behind the petition - the more signatures the better and the cause affects all of us.

Jan Seary

Southern Region of Dogs NSW

This is the NSW code of ethics for dog breeders.

http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/agriculture/livestock/animal-welfare/codes/breeding-dogs-and-cats

To me - it would be great if the "puppy farmers" complied - but some of it looks a bit strange if you try to apply it to someone's house if the dogs live there when they're breeding. As long as the house is clean and not like the animal hoarder show - I guess it should pass.

http://www.dpi.nsw.g...g-dogs-and-cats

To me - it would be great if the "puppy farmers" complied - but some of it looks a bit strange if you try to apply it to someone's house if the dogs live there when they're breeding. As long as the house is clean and not like the animal hoarder show - I guess it should pass.

thats not a code of ethics its a code of practice and every breeder in the state already has to comply with it. The only way it can be policed [they say] is via a complaint so they want every one who wants to breed a litter to be inspected annually to ensure they are within that code of practice - which in effect advantages commercial breeders and encourages those who only wanted to breed a little to breed a lot to get their money back on what they have to spend to comply.

http://www.dpi.nsw.g...g-dogs-and-cats

thats not a code of ethics its a code of practice and every breeder in the state already has to comply with it. The only way it can be policed [they say] is via a complaint so they want every one who wants to breed a litter to be inspected annually to ensure they are within that code of practice - which in effect advantages commercial breeders and encourages those who only wanted to breed a little to breed a lot to get their money back on what they have to spend to comply.

meanwhile the back yard breeders and the puppy farmers, continue on their merry way

Dogs NSW have just sold us all up poo creek. You need a DA approval and kennels to breed a litter, it's not legal to have and raise them in your lounge or dining room.

Being clean and tidy isn't going to cut it

No they haven't. And with this petition they are trying to help prevent things from becoming worse. But need the support of members and their friends and relations as well.

Dogs NSW have just sold us all up poo creek. You need a DA approval and kennels to breed a litter, it's not legal to have and raise them in your lounge or dining room.

Being clean and tidy isn't going to cut it

No they haven't. And with this petition they are trying to help prevent things from becoming worse. But need the support of members and their friends and relations as well.

Hows about Dogs NSW just push for the enforcement of the existing legislation ? We can't even get the basics right in NSW.

But then again, see above, as most of the Dogs NSW breeders would be instantly wiped out because so few have DA approval and that once again leaves the puppu farmer with their commercial enterprises that comply and the BYBer's who don;t give a toss anyway.

I am in NSW and didn't get an email either. Dogs NSW definitely have my email address because I have had emails from them in the past but not in the last two years.

They're probably still working through the electorates. Contact your Region Director - he / she should be able to give you an update and make sure you have the correct link for your electorate.