? Heat Affected?

persephone

I came home from a day in town , and Hamlet wouldn't eat or drink!! I thought he was about to die ....Hamlet not pouncing on anything falling to the floor is a sign of disaster ! I tried him with different things ...and ended up using some of the steak I bought for tea :( That was acceptable ...

Eventually I got him to drink some steak 'tea'..and eat some more ..then after an hour or so , he was back to being a pain.

No V or D ..and today he is his normal court jester, noisy self.

The dogs have heaps of shade.. there are about 7 watering points in the yard ..just seemed odd.

Oh Pers it certainly is concerning when they don't display their normal behaviours. Is it possible he just ran around like an idiot and overheated whilst you were out? I'm glad he has recovered now.

They sure do know how to make us worry. After going through an episode of emergency care for pancreatitus with Jasper, our pup started vomiting the other day, so off to the vet. He of course didn't act his normal self. Thank goodness it was really nothing and after fasting him most of the day, an anti nausea shot and several dollars later it all turned out good. I tell the boys to be good and well from now on. Hope they'll listen to what I say.