Do You Let Your Dogs Lick Your Face?

Guest Maeby Fünke

194 members have voted

1. 1. Do you let your dogs lick your face?

• Always
    • Never
    • Sometimes

Nope.

I'm not planning on vomiting up any food for them so I don't really see the point.

Gawd that's a bit much isn't it?? I don't think anyone on here is regurgitating food for their dogs :shrug:

*sigh*

Twas a joke. Its why pups lick adult dog's mouths - to stimulate them to vomit food for them.

*sigh* twas a joke between you and Pavlova...don't treat people like fools.

:dropjaw:

Seriously, WTF??????? :confused:

What are you shocked that people feel intimidated by you both???

Agree Stan's Mum. I feel intimidated. One word wrong and you can get torn to shreds

Well enjoy the effect you've just had on me then. Anyone else fancy putting the boot in?

Time for a self imposed DOLiday it seems.

LOL oh dear the effect I've had on you, please you could squash me like a bug. I have learnt a lot from you PF all I ask is you don't treat us all like fools.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weez tries for the face-lick, I compromise by letting him lick the end of my nose even though I don't really like it since he has trouble communicating with humans generally :/ He seems to be starting to be happy with an eskimo kiss instead which is good. Chess isn't much of a licker at least :)

yep Diva gives me kisses she's not at it 24/7 but she likes to snuggle up and give a lick or two. I don't share food tho coz chocolate isn't good for dogs :) either that or I'm just greedy.

She gives the kids a lick now and then not often but sort of a in "I was just passing saw you there got a kiss in see ya"

I will let my own dogs lick my face and will share food with them too

I will let a puppy lick my face, just to get a whiff of puppy smell :D

New rescues I dont usually let them lick me and friends dogs nope dont let them lick me either

1353755066[/url]' post='6031527']
1353745292[/url]' post='6031331']
1353729270[/url]' post='6031107']

I don't even like to listen to dogs slurping when they lick themselves!

No I don't either. They get from me ...oi...cut it out!

Mine get told - in your own time. They stop :)

That drives me insane. Had to kick my dog out of the room because he wouldn't stop. But then he just laid down right outside and I could still hear him do it.

He licks everyone but me. He just wipes his big nose on me.

My Shar pei though does little licks and it doesn't bother me.

Guest Labradork

I get fleaed as well as licked. They seem to go for the neck and the crook of the elbow. Tickles so much I have to stop them cause I erupt in giggles

Do you mean that funny little chewing they do with their teeth?

Hehe, I get that as well.

I have Staffords, I have no choice!

I have no issue with my dogs giving me a lick on the chin, one goes straight for the ears for some reason, that I cant stand. I even let rescue dogs give me a lick on the chin if it helps them to feel comfortable.

Mine will get a face lick in if they can, but they're not usually allowed to coz they're all super-gross, all the time.

Zehra I think has OCD, our couches look like they have been peed on multiple times because she obsessively licks them, will lick a patch for hours if we let her. She also will lick any bare skin (and sometimes clothing) if she gets the opportunity. She does stop trying if you tell her "Don't touch me with your tongue" :laugh:

Guest Labradork

I'm curious to know - how many people let their dogs lick their face? And do you wash your face afterwards?

Crikey!

My big dog gives daddy a 'kiss' on command, when he's in the mood.

I was trying to be sensitive because some people are completely grossed out by any kind of licking.

btw

I think my Lab might be a compulsive licker. I have just realised that she licks way more than any other dog I have ever owned.

I'm curious to know - how many people let their dogs lick their face? And do you wash your face afterwards?

Crikey!

I was trying to be sensitive because some people are completely grossed out by any kind of licking.

btw

I think my Lab might be a compulsive licker.

I have just realised that she licks way more than any other dog I have ever owned.

Dogs don't have hands so they use their mouth.

Crikey!

btw

I think my Lab might be a compulsive licker.

I have just realised that she licks way more than any other dog I have ever owned.

Dogs don't have hands so they use their mouth.

Huh? people dont lick with their hands :laugh: