Having Trouble Sourcing Hills Prescription Diet

best4koda

Question for those with tummy issues, have you been able to put your dog on a product such as ZD then after a while move to a cheaper product with some consideration?

Electra has always had a not so perfect output :o but while she was on ZD for a food elimination trial, she did do very well on it.

I have tried lots of different dry foods since, and she's currently doing well on Canidae PureSea, what I found that helped the most was adding Protexin and psyllium husk to her meals.

I'm not sure of your girls actual problem but maybe something similar could help?

Good luck with the RCH :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So far it's been put down to some sort of intolerance. At the moment we don't feed gluten, lamb, beef, chicken. She goes down hill pretty quick, normal poos to mucus to blood in a matter of 4 or so hours and then drugs to bring her back. So far she has been good on the Hills ZD ultra or low allergen. She seems to be able to tolerate turkey, kangaroo and some small amount of fresh salmon, eggs, rice and potato. We don't feed repetitively the fresh but every other day and that seems to be ok not to cause flare ups. I have used the pure sea but it was only sample bags not long enough to really know the affect.

I rang the vets again this morning and the L/D still not in ! now they are saying most probably tomorrow !

I just said well if they keep saying that its coming in and its not, then I need an alternative especially since they diagnosed my cav with a serious liver problem recently.. The lady who I spoke too said she will ring me tomorrow, and if its not still in will talk to the vet about what I am supposed to feed Renae .. Lets hope so.

I'm not rich enough to bulk buy if this is a regular problem once a year like others saying..

Edited by Jules♥Cavs

I'm in the same boat with regards to Hills L/D. The dry has been out of stock since the beginning of October, and the wet a few weeks later. I rang Hills at the time, and they advised new stocks would hopefully be arriving at the end of November/early December but wouldn't promise anything. I was told to use K/D dry by the lady on the phone, when I run out of L/D. This is not the first time this has happened and I just wish they'd get their act together

There is a Royal Canin equivalent to the L/D but not in Australia

I'm in the same boat with regards to Hills L/D. The dry has been out of stock since the beginning of October, and the wet a few weeks later. I rang Hills at the time, and they advised new stocks would hopefully be arriving at the end of November/early December but wouldn't promise anything. I was told to use K/D dry by the lady on the phone, when I run out of L/D. This is not the first time this has happened and I just wish they'd get their act together

There is a Royal Canin equivalent to the L/D but not in Australia

I haven't had any trouble getting the tinned L/D. Amber is on the K/D kibble and I reckon she is doing better on it than the L/D, less fluid buildup.

Question for those with tummy issues, have you been able to put your dog on a product such as ZD then after a while move to a cheaper product with some consideration?

My boy was on ZD for a couple of years and the only other dry food I tried was the RC, I was so happy to find something he was OK on. He is allowed a very small amount of treats a day but these have to be exactly the right ones - he can still get the runs if he has too many or he gets one of the rawhide/chicken chews. Chicken and chicken by-products seem to be the worst trigger for him. Sadly he has just had an operation for urate bladder stones and he is now on canned and dry UD. We are now 1 month into the new diet and poo consistency is generally OK, although I have noticed a lot less out put which is interesting.

Yeah we have taken Koda resently off chicken all together and she seems better for it. She gets Kangaroo and turkey every few days and seems ok with that. We haven't feed raw hide chews or commercial treats of any sort since she was little. I'm hoping being on the zd her system will heal and we can slowly narrow it down by feeding only a few items across a long period and then adding something else and watching.

Waiting for the food to arrive now. Please hurry up.

I have one 8kg L/d dry here if someone wants to come to Doncaster to pick it up.

PM me if you're desperate. :)

Thanks so much :) Amber was given less than 6 months to live and this food plus medication has got her over a year so far.

Amber says thanks too!

x3vib9.jpg

(and OMG I use tinypic for my photos and you have to type in spam filter and the one for this pic was dog's breakfast!)