Ears In Food

arees23

Hi everyone,

I have a little Papillon and she keeps getting her ear hair in her food, which is making them all yucky and smelly. I've tried finding a 'snood' small enough for her but I can only seem to find them for larger breed dogs.The same as the deep narrow dog bowls that are aimed at spaniels only seem to come in a large dog size.

Does anyone have any idea's or solutions that might help?

Thanks!

I feed my pup out of a kong, never a bowl. It started when she enjoyed the new food I tried on her a bit too much and ate it so fast she would vomit. I tried the Kong while I investigated other options then realised it

1) keeps her busy for 10 minutes which gives me time to get ready

2) gives her something to do that keeps her mind busy for that 10 mins instead of just gutsing in 5s

3) is easy to clean and cute to watch her eat out of it (well I think everything she does is cute, so that's a given really)

If your pup would handle a kong it might keep her ears out of her food?

generally Paps don't wear snoods .

But you can easily buy them or make one yourself.

Otherwise a stocking works just as good .

The dog shop at SACA would sell them

Where do I find the dog shop at SACA? Is it at their showgrounds? I was there this weekend but I didn't see any shops there. Thanks :)

Cut the foot off an old sock.

That is an excellent cheap solution to the problem, as long as the sock is washed first. :laugh:

And you remember to take your foot out of it!! :laugh:

Sorry, OP,couldn't help myself. I am sure you can buy snoods for paps - I have some which fit baby cockers, and I think they would fit a papillion.

if you can sew you can make your own. Only requires two straight seams.

Edited by Jed

I had never heard of a snood before, so I googled it. I know they are functional etc, but my god they made me laugh!!

They also come in handy when grass seeds are at their worst, helps prevent getting them painfully in their ears and saves money at the vets! But sometimes they slip over their eyes so we always supervise our Cavs when they have them on.

Edited by Jules♥Cavs

generally Paps don't wear snoods .

But you can easily buy them or make one yourself.

Otherwise a stocking works just as good .

The dog shop at SACA would sell them

Where do I find the dog shop at SACA? Is it at their showgrounds? I was there this weekend but I didn't see any shops there. Thanks :)

Yes Arees23 it is at the showgrounds, there is a big building to the right ff the rings with a big carpark in front of it. There is a canteen, club rooms, toilets, Dog Shop etc over there :)