Ziggy's New Collar

Staffyluv

Thats so nice, DId I dream it or does he have another one too? I thought it was the same as Coopers?

Yep he has 2 and matching leads..

The other one, which he wears all the time is the same as Coopers.

This one is a martingale, so will be used to teach him to walk on lead without a harness..

Today was really the first time he sat for me to take his pic. Normally he lays down or does a silly goofy look with his tongue hanging out.. :D

:laugh: They certainly are beautiful. I need to save up and get Lacy one now, Bronson has a K9 Pro one so he is covered for a good collar. Mine don't wear theres a lot mainly on special occasions. :) I just treated all of them the other day with the leather treatment. How often do you do Zigs?

I give his a wipe over once a month..

He wears his flat collar all the time because he reacts oddly if you take his collar off and leave it off..

He will carry it around and put it in your lap. It's like he doesn't like it when it is not on..

My old boy never wore a collar at home, only ever when we went out.

I give his a wipe over once a month..

He wears his flat collar all the time because he reacts oddly if you take his collar off and leave it off..

He will carry it around and put it in your lap. It's like he doesn't like it when it is not on..

My old boy never wore a collar at home, only ever when we went out.

He sounds like a true gentleman: wants to be correctly dressed. :laugh:

How is this collar set up?

I have never used a Martingale, but those I have seen were like a combination flat collar/check chain or a check chain with two connected running rings.

I can see the chain at the back here but am wondering why is there a buckle & what looks like a D ring at the front?

Curious as how it works?

I have never used a Martingale, but those I have seen were like a combination flat collar/check chain or a check chain with two connected running rings.

I can see the chain at the back here but am wondering why is there a buckle & what looks like a D ring at the front?

Curious as how it works?

I will take some more photos tomorrow and load them on the computer so you can see it.

It is a combination of flat collar and check chain, that has a buckle so you can adjust it accordingly.

Yep there is a D ring on the front, personally I wouldn't use the D ring on the front but aesthetically, it looks awesome.

Have a look at The website for further info and lots more collars, leads and other goodies..

Curious as how it works?

I will take some more photos tomorrow and load them on the computer so you can see it.

It is a combination of flat collar and check chain, that has a buckle so you can adjust it accordingly.

Yep there is a D ring on the front, personally I wouldn't use the D ring on the front but aesthetically, it looks awesome.

Have a look at The website for further info and lots more collars, leads and other goodies..

Thank you.

Had a look.

The buckle being at the throat when the lead is attached is unusual. I haven't seen that before.

I don't like that.

Curious as how it works?

Thank you.

Had a look.

The buckle being at the throat when the lead is attached is unusual. I haven't seen that before.

I don't like that.

I am sure that Ruthless can make them without the buckle (just a flat collar and chain). I have seen a few of their custom pieces and they are as lovely as the stock pieces.

We gave it a test run this morning and it didn't seem to bother him at all - he walked quite nicely on lead.

On the flat collars the buckle is at the throat too, as the lead ring is on the other side. I think if the dog is walking nicely at heel it shouldn't be a problem. Mine have no worries with theirs. Alternately you can clip the lead onto the ring at the buckle.

The leather is so thick and soft that the buckle on the throat certainly doesn't bother the dogs. Because of the design of these collars if the buckle was to be on the back of the neck you wouldn't actually see the collar as it's meant to be as most of what's showing would be the buckle. I think that's why there are two D-Rings as standard (although you could ask for only one if that was what you wanted), so the ID tags can be attached at the throat and the leash clipped at the back of the neck. :)

The martingales I have seen & considered don't have a buckle, don't need a buckle.

They are basically half check chain, half flat collar.

They are self adjusting via the check chain section at the back with the soft collar part at the throat.

They are a essentially a walking collar only, not a yard collar.