First Dog Bo Obama...

Curlybert

Making 'Bo' http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_725150&feature=iv&src_vid=lce5gWKgMXI&v=yQgq9Fc1sQo

And how he got his name =

Listed by the name "Amigo's New Hope" with American Kennel Club's breed registry, and given the name "Charlie" by his original owners, the puppy received his current name from President Obama's two daughters, Malia and Sasha, in part after their cousins' cat and Michelle Obama's father's nickname Diddley; the dog is a namesake of deceased singer Bo Diddley. But indeed he could be named after the Presidents initials BO , poor dog, I don't think I would want to stick that monica on anyone :)

Guest Labradork

640px-Bo_and_Obama.jpg

Awwwwww :D

HEY NO running in the hallways!

Guess you can do that when you're the Pres....and the Pres's dog! I just love that photo :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The connection between them is just gorgeous!

From what I've seen and heard Bo is very much loved and an integral part of their family :) And I'm pretty sure I've heard that the Pres does do toilet duty!

He said to his daughters in his speech when he was re-elected that "girls, one dog is enough for now". Heehee, they must be pestering for another one.

Edited by Simply Grand

Looks like Bo has had some training since he first arrived. The first few vids with the first family had young Bo pulling hard at the end of the leash, and thoroughly enjoying himself. He looks all grown up now.

He is gorgeous isn't he? The clip is nice, especially the legs and feet.