Webbed Feet

Kirislin

Hmmmm then for what reason does a Pug need webbed feet to sit on ones lap? :laugh:

I've never checked my pugs feet, but if they have webbed feet that makes sense as to the huge holes they dig in the yard ... they are using them as shovels!

I think they were good at something... *cue banjo music*

:laugh:

come on, back on topic now, I want to see photos of dogs from the breeds that specify webbed feet and I want to see how different they are to any other dogs feet, but they cant be hidden by hair, I want to see where the actual skin ends because honestly, I dont think they're any different to my whippets feet. I am happy to be proved wrong though, I just need to see it.

I am confused by all the photos - but I think breeds with webbed feet have differently shaped toes and the entire foot presents a different surface for displacing water. All breeds must have webs of skin between their toes, but the shape of the foot and webbing is different. My cockers (a water breed ) have very different feet from boxers (cat feet) and Cavaliers. When you see them together, it makes sense.

English and Irish setters have different feet - Irish, I understand, to be able to cover the wetter country in Ireland. I can't explain it very well, but if you see both breeds together it is obvious.