English Cocker Needing A New Home

I have had a 14 year old pure breed English Cocker surrendered to me and I am asking if there is anyone who takes on the older cockers and keeps them until and gives them a good life for what time they have left.

Hugo is in excellent nick for a 14 year old he joggs along on his walks with the rest of the pack and keeps up with them, he has problems with his ears (don't they all) but this is being managed with medication. He is a tad over weight but this is being addressed.

He is with one of my carers but am hoping there may be someone out there who may take him.

Maree

CPR

This has been a bad year for cocker spaniels being given up and looking for a new home.

Being a bit of a cocker spaniel fan I take particular notice of them, and there seems to have been more this year than normal in the 3 rescue areas I work in.:(

Hope there is someone for this one,awful to get to the age of 14 and need a new home.

• 1 month later...

Any update?

Sorry yes Hugo has gone to his forever home in Sydney, at Belrose they have 2 other Cockers, Cathy (Cocker lady) in SA found the couple who have taken him, he has settled in really well and they just love him, so a happy ending for Hugo.

Maree

CPR

Any update?

Sorry yes Hugo has gone to his forever home in Sydney, at Belrose they have 2 other Cockers, Cathy (Cocker lady) in SA found the couple who have taken him, he has settled in really well and they just love him, so a happy ending for Hugo.

Maree

CPR

Fantastic news! Great work. :thumbsup:

Great news Maree. It has been a terrible year for Cocker Spaniels, I've never seen so many in need.

I recently rehomed an 11 yr old to a beautiful home.

There is a golden Cocker in Blacktown right now and PAWS have just taken on a pair of Blue Roan.

Save Our Strays have had quite a number of Cockers this year and currently have a black female but she must be an only dog. It's pretty unbelievable.

Very happy with this old one.:)

Met the Blacktown cocker spaniel this morning when at the pound picking up 3 other rescues.Seemed a good, natured friendly dog, although had gunky eyes that needed bathing .Have seen worse though, so hopefully it's nothing major.

There was a beautiful black cocker in the exercise yard and my husband thought it was a poundie, but the lady with him, assured him the dog was hers and she was having him meet another dog, not the cocker though.It just showed how gorgeous they can look when well cared for.

I really love the breed.

Guest Wildthing

It is nice when other rescuers can help someone with a different species from the ones they take find a suitable home, as happened in this dog's case.