New Rescue

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pound rounds had a greyhound sitting in a kennel facility so we agreed to take her as we were waiting for her another person had an 8 year old due to be killed so they asked if they could send her down as well let me guess you guys have a problem with this too :eek:

Pound rounds had a greyhound sitting in a kennel facility so we agreed to take her as we were waiting for her another person had an 8 year old due to be killed so they asked if they could send her down as well let me guess you guys have a problem with this too :eek:

I thought you were rehoming specifically from one trainer only?

I thought you were rehoming specifically from one trainer only?

No I said the trainer was a starting point for the retired greyhounds I did say I wasnt only rescuing from one trainer a bit back. This girl needed help so I agreed to take her.

I have read some of it, but they needed help with the dog and are sending it down to us no strings attached

:laugh: there's always strings attatched with PR.

You need to read the whole thread...every page.

Or more to the point, they don't have strings attached and that is the problem. If there are issues with the dog, or you have problems - they will not be of any assistance. You will never hear from them again!

I have read some of it, but they needed help with the dog and are sending it down to us no strings attached

Or more to the point, they don't have strings attached and that is the problem. If there are issues with the dog, or you have problems - they will not be of any assistance. You will never hear from them again!

Which isnt a problem since we are not fostering, when you take in a dog as a rescue you then become responsible for that dog you dont dump it back into a shelter or back onto the people who surrendered it 100% responsibility is yours to do the right thing for that dog.

Which isnt a problem since we are not fostering, when you take in a dog as a rescue you then become responsible for that dog you dont dump it back into a shelter or back onto the people who surrendered it 100% responsibility is yours to do the right thing for that dog.

Exactly, so if that dog attacks someone/something it's on you, 100%.

Dogs are vetworked and transported = saving on $$ for the taker/rescuer. A very tempting offer.

& I wouldn't bother trying to point out the experiences of others. It almost always ends with "it's all about the dogs" "I suppose you'd rather them die" and "you're just a <insert insult here>".

So greylvr, now you're really going to learn lesson #1 about strings.

Best wishes and good luck I mean that sincerely.

:o hello Miss Kat :curtsey: just popped in for a history repeating itself moment. It's a nostalgic time of year.

:xmassantawave:

Yes. That brick wall you've been hitting your head against doesn't get any softer does it! Hope you're having a good break and keeping well.

not enough greyhounds in Victoria for you to "save" then. Yeah I have a problem with it and have said so in the past so you are not being singled out.

Even if you choose to disregard any of the other advice in this thread... the one thing you REALLY don't want to do is get involved with Pound Rounds. They look and sound great on the surface, but that's where it stops... the horror stories aren't fiction.

Crossing fingers you don't get too badly burned by them.

T.

I have been silently observing this thread and have ready every post as it has progressed. I know nothing about greys and thought it was not my place to comment.

But I have to say please please please read the whole Pound Rounds thread.

If you still want to deal with them after that then I'm sorry but that says it all.

Even if you choose to disregard any of the other advice in this thread... the one thing you REALLY don't want to do is get involved with Pound Rounds. They look and sound great on the surface, but that's where it stops... the horror stories aren't fiction.

Crossing fingers you don't get too badly burned by them.

T.

crossing my fingers the kids, the cat and the dogs all come through ok