New Rescue

Well either way at least they will be rehomed eventually as it's been said that they won't be PTS.

maybe, maybe not, who knows.

Do greys that are not good with little dogs usually get adopted?

I wouldn't adopt out a greyhound that was not tolerant of little dogs. It is too important to the greyhounds to take the chance. This is going to sound really harsh but, for the greater good, I'd PTS any greyhound that is not ok with little dogs. They don't have to live with one but you must be able to walk your greyhound down the street without it wanting to kill the little dog on the oppoiste side.

To me, greyhounds are up against it, though GAP, GSN, etc have done an huge job, plus all the other reputable rescues and their foster carers and the owners of these beautiful dogs. As a greyhound owner, even though not of adopted race dogs, I am always aware that my dogs behaviour is most likely being judged and commented on by the general public while we are out and about.

That's very true. Kind of like bull breed owners and rescuers. As one lady who works with bullies said to me a while back "There's too many good bulls breeds that need a home to focus on trying to fix a very DA one. While everyone is trying to fix this dog, there's one with perfect manners on the kill list being ignored."

Ina doesnt need to be put down, she very well may be good with small dogs we dont know these people are making assumptions when they havent even seen the dog.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lord have mercy can you guys please please just stop with your hearsay. We have had an emergency and it is dealt with. We did talk to a ranger as a matter of fact one came to the house to talk with us. The neighbors are idiots and threw up a big stink shit happens right? Both dogs are safe. Ina is going to a greyhound rescue that I had networked with and she is happy to take her. Ina is desexed and on medication which this rescue knows about. Ina is not good with cats and hasnt been tested with small dogs the rescue knows this.

So tell me the problem with letting another rescue help you when you get into trouble. I am glad that you guys are so entertained at our stress.

We had a bad situation happen but between the tears, frustration and stress we made sure that the dogs came first and are ok.

Those that want to down us because of something that happened fine go for it I hope it makes you feel good about yourself and you can run around pounding your chests that you are the best thing since sliced bread good for you. The dogs are very important to use that is why Ina is going to another rescue that I can trust to do the right thing by her.

I hope nothing ever happens to those that are being so nasty and you ever need help because who knows maybe you will then be kicked around on the net.

Lucky is fine and the vet thinks she has been desexed due to the stitches she has.

I guess the next step is for you guys to run around and talk crap about us go for it we dont care. We wont stop helping the dogs because the drama queens want to start trouble. We are moving soon and will resume our rescue. Why dont you guys grow up and get off our facebook page because your only there to spy like little children then go tattle on us for anything we do to DOL

I'm sorry that happened with your neighbours. Were they aware that you were going to bring some dogs in? Are they just not dog people? Glad to hear the girls are doing well and that you have back up. I hope they get adopted soon, so that you can focus on moving.

Well either way at least they will be rehomed eventually as it's been said that they won't be PTS.

Wow really? Why dont you keep your little comments to yourself. These dogs will not be PTS

I wouldn't adopt out a greyhound that was not tolerant of little dogs. It is too important to the greyhounds to take the chance. This is going to sound really harsh but, for the greater good, I'd PTS any greyhound that is not ok with little dogs. They don't have to live with one but you must be able to walk your greyhound down the street without it wanting to kill the little dog on the oppoiste side.

To me, greyhounds are up against it, though GAP, GSN, etc have done an huge job, plus all the other reputable rescues and their foster carers and the owners of these beautiful dogs. As a greyhound owner, even though not of adopted race dogs, I am always aware that my dogs behaviour is most likely being judged and commented on by the general public while we are out and about.

That's very true. Kind of like bull breed owners and rescuers. As one lady who works with bullies said to me a while back "There's too many good bulls breeds that need a home to focus on trying to fix a very DA one. While everyone is trying to fix this dog, there's one with perfect manners on the kill list being ignored."

Ina doesnt need to be put down, she very well may be good with small dogs we dont know these people are making assumptions when they havent even seen the dog.

I was asking a question. I wasn't attacking. i don't know anything about grey rescue or their protocols is all.

No - it wasn't that post Rebanne was referring to.

It was posted in a greyhound FB group that there were issues with a neighbour and the dogs had to be moved ASAP, one was already in at boarding kennels - but the cost was an issue. My understanding is one is with a different neighbour or a friend, and one is going to another rescue. But that may be incorrect.

Oh, right.

We've also taken on dogs from other Rescues when they've felt they weren't properly equipped so I don't see a huge issue with that either. Whatever's best for the dog.

Ah but Plan B the drama queens just suck this up and I hate to think that people with so little compassion are working with rescues

Most of the people who have posted in this thread work with rescues, run them, or have some interest and/or involvement with rescue. This isn't a group of people throwing tomatoes from the ringside, they're already in there getting their hands dirty.

I don't even know what to say. You can reject everybody's advice, put your head in the sand and assure people that you know what you're doing and you've got it under control. But when the first thing that happens is an emergency that means others step in and take things off your hands.. please, please please take a step back. Re-evaluate this situation with a cool head.

There's being ill equipped to deal with someone or something, and then there' embarking on something and being in over your head.

Lord have mercy can you guys please please just stop with your hearsay. We have had an emergency and it is dealt with. We did talk to a ranger as a matter of fact one came to the house to talk with us. The neighbors are idiots and threw up a big stink shit happens right? Both dogs are safe. Ina is going to a greyhound rescue that I had networked with and she is happy to take her. Ina is desexed and on medication which this rescue knows about. Ina is not good with cats and hasnt been tested with small dogs the rescue knows this.

So tell me the problem with letting another rescue help you when you get into trouble. I am glad that you guys are so entertained at our stress.

We had a bad situation happen but between the tears, frustration and stress we made sure that the dogs came first and are ok.

Those that want to down us because of something that happened fine go for it I hope it makes you feel good about yourself and you can run around pounding your chests that you are the best thing since sliced bread good for you. The dogs are very important to use that is why Ina is going to another rescue that I can trust to do the right thing by her.

I hope nothing ever happens to those that are being so nasty and you ever need help because who knows maybe you will then be kicked around on the net.

Lucky is fine and the vet thinks she has been desexed due to the stitches she has.

I guess the next step is for you guys to run around and talk crap about us go for it we dont care. We wont stop helping the dogs because the drama queens want to start trouble. We are moving soon and will resume our rescue. Why dont you guys grow up and get off our facebook page because your only there to spy like little children then go tattle on us for anything we do to DOL

I'm sorry that happened with your neighbours. Were they aware that you were going to bring some dogs in? Are they just not dog people? Glad to hear the girls are doing well and that you have back up. I hope they get adopted soon, so that you can focus on moving.

Our neighbors have been strange lately they stay up all night and stair at me doing laundry. See its getting to be vacation time here and they are old and prob cranky who knows maybe they were afraid because they were greyhounds and they have a small dog.

Yes we are looking at property and getting out away from people. We will continue to help and support the dogs any way we can but it wont be much for a bit while we move. Yes we are moving for the dogs, it would be much easier to throw in the towel and quit but we wont we will continue to rescue the dogs (once we move) and make a great place for them despite those that want us to fail

I was asking a question. I wasn't attacking. i don't know anything about grey rescue or their protocols is all.

Oh I didnt mean to quote you sorry was meaning to quote the one above you sorry

Also I would suggest that you remove all contact with PR, who will no doubt try and convince you another grey needs your help. Focus on moving and getting a great set up and make sure your neighbours and council are ok with it, then be picky. Remember there's a heap of greys out there that are in need of rehoming but not every one is suitable. When you run a small rescue you have the option of being very selective with the dogs you bring in. I wish you all the best.

No - it wasn't that post Rebanne was referring to.

It was posted in a greyhound FB group that there were issues with a neighbour and the dogs had to be moved ASAP, one was already in at boarding kennels - but the cost was an issue. My understanding is one is with a different neighbour or a friend, and one is going to another rescue. But that may be incorrect.

Oh, right.

We've also taken on dogs from other Rescues when they've felt they weren't properly equipped so I don't see a huge issue with that either. Whatever's best for the dog.

Ah but Plan B the drama queens just suck this up and I hate to think that people with so little compassion are working with rescues

Most of the people who have posted in this thread work with rescues, run them, or have some interest and/or involvement with rescue. This isn't a group of people throwing tomatoes from the ringside, they're already in there getting their hands dirty.

I don't even know what to say. You can reject everybody's advice, put your head in the sand and assure people that you know what you're doing and you've got it under control. But when the first thing that happens is an emergency that means others step in and take things off your hands.. please, please please take a step back. Re-evaluate this situation with a cool head.

There's being ill equipped to deal with someone or something, and then there' embarking on something and being in over your head.

First we had 1 rescue take 1 dog there are many rescues that need help from time to time. If your perfect rescue has never had a problem good for you but when it does I hope you get kicked around just as much because then you can feel how it feels to be upset then finally have time to sit down and go to a forum where you think you have support and people who care to update them to find them taking your situation and talking shit. I did take advice, I did give a ton of people here the benefit of the doubt and sucked it up and listened, even respected them but now thats gone what a petty childish bunch we have here.

actually you posted about your problems on another FB page, not on your own. As I said the greyhound world is small. If you had listerned and acted upon some of the advice given here you would now not be in this position. But no, you knew best and now the dogs are paying for it. The dogs always pay in the end.

Also I would suggest that you remove all contact with PR, who will no doubt try and convince you another grey needs your help. Focus on moving and getting a great set up and make sure your neighbours and council are ok with it, then be picky. Remember there's a heap of greys out there that are in need of rehoming but not every one is suitable. When you run a small rescue you have the option of being very selective with the dogs you bring in. I wish you all the best.

Pretty much done just need to get the paperwork which is in the mail (i hope) and then that's it. The greys in the shelters up there dont need help anyway they are generally safe with a great rescue up there so they have it covered. Like i said I took the advice here networked with some great rescues.

You need a desexing certificate not an opinion. It isn't really possible to tell the difference between a ceaser scar and a desexing scar without having the dog ultrasounded.

You need to look in the dogs ear for a desexing tattoo.

Unless pound rounds have sent you her certificate, you may need to organise this yourself before you advertise her.

Edited by Greytmate

actually you posted about your problems on another FB page, not on your own. As I said the greyhound world is small. If you had listerned and acted upon some of the advice given here you would now not be in this position. But no, you knew best and now the dogs are paying for it. The dogs always pay in the end.

Please get over yourself! The dogs are not paying the dogs are fine. Yeah I figured a FB group would be a help clearly none with you in them

Pretty much done just need to get the paperwork which is in the mail (i hope) and then that's it. The greys in the shelters up there dont need help anyway they are generally safe with a great rescue up there so they have it covered. Like i said I took the advice here networked with some great rescues.

That's good. :)

Please get over yourself! The dogs are not paying the dogs are fine. Yeah I figured a FB group would be a help clearly none with you in them

you might be surprised what groups I am part of.

No doubt a lot, you need to spread yourself out so you can maximize your drama intake.

I am no longer on any greyhound FB pages but I did get a call about this today. As said...the greyhound world is small.

Lol really this is that urgent that people are calling around, why not worry about dogs that are dying? Why not make calls for Gap to help drum up donations or help them move some dogs rather than acting like gossiping school girls

No one wants you to fail - its ridiculous to even consider that is what has occurred here.

Before you move do your homework and know before you get there what you need to do to be legal and cover your bases .Thats not advice designed to make it hard for you or see you be anything other than successful Its because I work with this stuff every day and many problems can be headed off where you dont get the kind of stress you are feeling now and where you and the dogs can live happily ever after.

You learned quickly and the hard way that its not as easy as it sounds be grateful for that and use it to learn. Some people can be doing what they think is good longer than you did and get knocked down when there is more dogs in the mix.

Good intentions are only part of the mix and there is more at stake than just you and the dogs you are in contact with - many people have done a lot of hard work to make private rescue a viable place for people to shop for a dog and part of it is a big picture issue if you really are focused on what is best for the dogs.

No doubt a lot, you need to spread yourself out so you can maximize your drama intake.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: