Do You Nickname Your Pets?

mixeduppup

Omg...I don't think anyone is supposed to overhear me calling the pup by his nicknames.

Saxon get Sax, Saxie, Saxony, Chappie, Goob, Goober, Big Idiot, Big Boob, Jube...there are probably lots more :laugh: :o

The horse also comes running if I yell out things like "Oi Monkey"!

Edited by Aphelion

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Heehee, Aphelion for about the first two years I had my Saxon I swore I'd never call him Saxxy (or Saxie) but other people, especially kids, kept calling him that and eventually I found myself doing it too :o

Too funny! I have to admit I read you post and thought...Saxamaphone :idea:

:o

Edited by Aphelion

Micha gets Mr Moo, Mishy, Mish, Moo man, Moocher, Man dog and Micha the Man.

Daisy gets Beaj, Beajle, Beagus, Daisy May, May May, Bitch Dog, and of course Evil Beagle.

Wisdom gets Wiz, Wiz Bang, Bang, Bangbang, puppeeeee and MALINOOOISSSSSS

My two black labradors, Blackie and Bosch, are also called many cutsie names. They are all similar to baby names, built on singsong sounds and repetition. I frequently makeup songs and rhymes, and new names all the time. Each one answers to these no matter how often they are changed, because they are in fact recognising tone of voice rather than each distinct name.

Apart from those kind of nicknames, Blackie, the slightly older of the two, is almost always referred to as "Black Dog". People seem to find it amusing when walking on the beach or calling him we call out "Black Dog" - they can see two black dogs and are a little confused that only one of them is in fact "Black Dog". We know (and he knows!) perfectly well that only one of them is Black Dog, even though there are clearly two black dogs!

In discussion about the dogs, we often refer to him as "The Black Dog" - for example "Aww, look at The Black Dog - how cute!" using the definite object as his title. Everybody we know refers to our family as myself, my husband and "the black dogs" as a plural unit, not just "the dogs" for example,"Merry Christmas to You and The Black Dogs"

Let me know if you want her details bianca.a - wasn't sure if it was ok to post them here,I can always pm them, she makes really great metal doggy sculptures too.

Oh That's adorable! Can you plz pm me her details?

Yes please Coogie!!!! I would love that, it really is such a wonderful idea :) Thank you!

My cavalier, Dallas, is nicknamed "Dim Sim" or "Dimmy" (courtesy of my brothers) and he now responds to it.

Our Saint is nicknamed "Slobberchops" for obvious reasons.

My boy Charlie is nicknamed "nugget" (again, courtesy of my brothers). No idea why.

Our dearly departed Rottie, Cassie, was nicknamed "Schnee".