What Shampoo Do You Use And Why?

skyehaven

Pangenics for the shelties. Keeps the coats nice and healthy and the right texture. Also find that the drying time is greatly reduced using the products. A little goes a log way with the shampoo - I can do 2 shelties with about a twent cent piece size of shampoo that I have diluted in 1 litre of water that I then spray through the coats and rub through with a sponge. I usually rub the conditioner through the day before bathing. I also use the conditioner between baths on the furnishings to reduce coat breakage.

Prior to this I was using Isle of Dogs and before that Plush Puppy. - I use the left over of these on the non show dogs.

TB

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I avoid shampoo for the sake of avoiding skin pH imbalance. Wash over with a rinse of Calendula Tea does it great for my boy.

Erny thanks for the reminder - I need to stock up again . :)

:thumbsup:

Even us humans wash far too frequently with shampoo based products that dry out our skin and sends it into overdrive trying to make up for it. Lol ..... but I continue to wash with my shampoos and soaps. Care more for my dog, :laugh: .

We used to use Malasab which is a medicated wash until I started giving the dogs sardines in oil - their coats and skin is now amazing. So we now use Plush and Fido with oatmeal, bought from woolies. Because my husband is allergic to the oil, the dogs need to remain clean. Jindi has the most amazing coat and tends to only need a bath every 2 months, while the boy is being washed monthly, thereabouts.

• 2 weeks later...

I use Fido's shampoo on my dogs, either the everyday shampoo or the one for fleas.

I started using it because that was what one of my dogs had been washed in by the lady who fostered her. Jessie's coat was lovely and soft and she smelt nice, so I found out what she had used on Jessie (back then it was called "Fido's flea free shampoo").

Isle of Dogs No 12 - triple Evening Primrose Oil. Found it does not need a conditioner as well. Just too much!

Very soft and fluffy finish. :)

Like the smell.

Tried one of the scented ones and it did in my sinuses big time. Can't use it. Rescue have received a bonus gift! :laugh:

I use Bio Groom Wiry Coat on my terrier Kirah's coat and I use anything on Zeus's coat -- he's a short coated cross breed so nothing really bothers him. I currently have FuzzYard Super Shine tangerine and rosemary and the Sensitive Skin oatmeal and mandarin because they both smell divine!!