What Shampoo Do You Use And Why?

skyehaven

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use Hoss Gloss. Not sure why, a bottle of it turned up in my tack box for the horses one day. I used it on my pinto mare and loved the instant yellow stain removal. Next time the dog needed washing it was there so I used it. I think it must be medicated because I washed my pound puppy and all the ticks and fleas just came off dead with the rinse. Everybody's skin and coat does very well with it and I like the smell. Manes and tails are fairly easy to comb out after using it (I only have short coated dogs) and I like the smell. It is not all that cheap and not a huge bottle so I will be ordering my next bottle online. Overall, I'm really happy with it but still wondering where that first bottle came from :noidea::shrug:

I use Agrani Hina shampoo on the Whippets. Gives a great shine to their coats, has a pleasant smell and a little goes a long way.

I currently use the CC White on White for white legs but will try the Agrani one when it is finished.

I use Groomers EPO on the poodles and it gives a great finish on a wool coat.

Edited by Haredown Whippets

I use anything on my guys, dog shampoo that is, cheap stuff if I'm low on cash, think supermarket brands or if I am cashed up I'll splash out on more exxy stuff, (squirts or alloveen or paws and the likes) but really it doesn't make a difference to my lot. I use human conditioner usually herbal essence (the one in the purple bottle)

I use glow white horse shampoo once a month on my white girl to keep her looking bright white, its great.

Edited by tlc

I use mostly Aloveen on ours and sometimes the leave in conditioner of the same brand. I have used flea shampoos of various brands from time to time..

The Aloveen smells nice and leaves them feeling soft :)

Oh and we also have a rufus and coco brand itchy skin shampoo which is lovely too.

Edited by Jules♥Cavs

i don't use shampoo anymore; i just run tepid to warm water over their bodies for several minutes, swish with my hands as i go. i then towel dry and massage in resisoothe.

now that it's summer, they get a cool bath say every 2 or 3 days after their walk, and once or twice a week, i'll massage in the resisoothe. feeding them a good, clean diet, neither dog is smelly at the worst of times, so this routine works well and they seem very comfortable and happy :)

:laugh: ...You name it I've tried it :laugh: If it promised to grow hair & keep knots away AND worked! I would buy it buy the gallons :laugh:

I am using aloveen or PAWS at the moment on my cut off poodles.

Have just changed to Isle of Dogs on the coated show poodles. So far is working well & makes the house smell AMAZING! when washing them....which is alot! :D

Guest Labradork

Epi-Soothe... I have a 3.5 litre container that I bought (on special) from Vet N Pet Direct four years ago. And Ive only used half of it. It keeps their coats soft and fluffy, and it smells really nice

Guest Panzer Attack!

I'm still trying to find the perfect combo for my two (Papillon and Cav) but I'm forever loyal to the Isle of Dogs coat spray for grooming then and use some Laser Lited Drape watered down as a perfume on mine and at work - gorgeous!

At the mo I'm using Fuzzyard shampoo and Fidos conditioner and hate both of them lol.

Edited by Panzer Attack!

Depends on what I am bathing for:

General everyday type wash - Fido's Free Itch concentrate. I find bathing in this every fortnight, keeps fleas at bay and I don't have to rely on product for fleas.

As I also used to have an Aussie Pooch run, I still have heaps of their herbal shampoos, coaltar, oatmeeal etc.

If I am showing, then it can range from an oatmeal herbal shampoo and conditioner, Purple for the whites, Groomers shampoo and conditioner, Cowboy magic......

:) Hi,

Usually just a rinse off with water after Sally has been swimming.

Or if she is dirty I use Hemp Seed Oil Shampoo.

Sometimes Tea Tree Shampoo as well.

Only wash with the shampoo about every 1-2 months.

Everyone says how nice and shiny her coat is.