Naming A Dog Rescue

mixeduppup

I'm writing something and I've created a fictional dog rescue...the only issue is I can't think of a name for it.

The story is set in a country town and the dogs are like the leftovers of dog society.

I have a couple but none of them are really working for me.

Leftovers rescue for dogs or LORD

Lucky Last Dog Rescue

Out Cast Dog rescue

or

Bitsa and Mutt Rescue or BAM

See, they all suck. Any ideas?

Edited by mixeduppup

If its Country dogs that will be in the rescue?

Country Dogs Rescue

Country Dawgs Rescue

Thank god Iam a country dog ( think 'John Denver' lyrics )

or

Surplus to society rescue

Sounds like a wonderful idea for a childrens book.:)

Thank you. I love writing and with all the rescue stuff that's been happening around me lately and the obvious problem with pets littering the pounds, I thought a children's book may help to educate the new generation. Here's hoping. I'm writing all these suggestions down. Thanks!

Thank you. I love writing and with all the rescue stuff that's been happening around me lately and the obvious problem with pets littering the pounds, I thought a children's book may help to educate the new generation. Here's hoping. I'm writing all these suggestions down. Thanks!

I've bolded one you've inadvertently come up with yourself... lol!

Here's Hoping

T.

Guest crickets

rover leftover / leftover rover (or the country theme might fit drovers leftovers) something along those lines......

furgotten friends

I like 'not ready for heaven' as a rescue name but I know it wouldn't suit everyone's taste......

Edited by crickets

Fantastic idea :thumbsup: Which age group is it written for?

Thank you. I'm aiming at the 6-10 age group. I think this is the really impressionable age when empathy starts to develop.

And that is why, IMO, you should call it what it is. None of these cutesy, made up names that don't tell the proper story.

Give it its correct name such as XXXX shelter for lost dogs and cats or whatever you plan to rescue in your story.

Fantastic idea :thumbsup: Which age group is it written for?

Thank you. I'm aiming at the 6-10 age group. I think this is the really impressionable age when empathy starts to develop.

And that is why, IMO, you should call it what it is. None of these cutesy, made up names that don't tell the proper story.

Give it its correct name such as XXXX shelter for lost dogs and cats or whatever you plan to rescue in your story.

I agree, for that age it's better to keep it simple.

I'm a preschool teacher so thought I'd share some advice. Kids like books that are short and sweet, repetitive and good have pictures even actual photo's could be good. 6-10 is a big age group that all have different learning abilities/ attention span's. Some six year olds can barely read and some 10 year olds can read a short novel, not saying all are like this. If you make it interesting (slightly adult focused) or it has a bit of humour in it chances are parents or teachers are more likely to want to read it to their children. I've read a childrens book about a rescue puppy that was deaf to children (can't think of the title) it was too long and way above the kids heads.