Totally Cool Microchipping Story!

Missymoo

Sooo SWAY calls me at just after 9 tonight and blurts..hey a pound in WA have one of your dogs!! I was like what?! (I have been quiet ill all today so a bit slower---then usual ;). )

Turns out the chip papers hadn't been transferred and my phone had rung out (sleeping) so they called my second Sway...on ya pound!!

I zoomed into my records and rang them in Perth. Yep, he was there fat and healthy and wagging his tail! I rang his owner and she got all tears and emotion saying they had been looking for the last week, put up flyers and were just starting to loose hope!! So my guess is she will be down there first thing with her kids ready to welcome the naughty boy home for Christmas!!

I told her I would call her back tomorrow to help sort out ship details :)

Sooooo, a great story of microchips working even though not in correct name, still in a name of people who care to get naught cairns back to their family for Christmas...my guess though he may not get a present this year though!! Lol

Thanks Sway and thanks Perth Pound (Armadale?) :thumbsup: A story that has ended well :)

The pound lady was really nice and helpful, very pleased she gave me a call - even if I made her repeat it as I had no idea I was even in the chip details LOL

Puppy safe and sound, owner and breeder happy - WIN WIN !!

that is teriffic to hear :) the angles were looking after everybody concerned here

We just recently place one of our furkids in a new home after he was returned, the new owners asked us if we would mind to be the 2nd contact, we told them go for it :) :)

I checked into his chip no. & found he was still in our name after 2 yrs

That is such a great outcome – glad they have been reunited :D My microchip story is similar, but not so happy.

I had a phone call from a local vet one day to say someone had handed my cat in after being run over, I said it can't be mine as she was with me only 20 mins before.

Turns out they scanned her chip and traced it to our address in North Wales. We hadn't lived there for several years, so they called round a few vets in that area to see if anyone could confirm the owners and cats’ names. They then called round the vets in the current area to see if anyone had me registered as a client and found me that way.

Since Pat was chipped we had moved 4 times, including two years in Norway. I will always be so grateful to the clinic for taking the trouble to track us down, and to the lady who took Pat to the vet. She found her not long after she had been run over - unfortunately she was already dead, but we would never have known her fate if it wasn’t for this kind person. I always wish she had left some contact details so we could have thanked her.

Chip details get changed now everytime we move!