2013 Training Goals!

Guest Panzer Attack!

FR you should consider Rally if you haven't already. Novice Rally is probably a little easier then a CCD trial and a great place to test the waters because you can talk to your dog if needs be and the length of time you are in the ring is only about half as long.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rally's certainly a future ambition! We haven't got the focus yet for anything formal, and are still working through some precursor behaviour issues, but I'm seeing some possible improvement from him in interest and enthusiasm. Grade 4 is the big goal, and by then I'm hoping we'll be at the stage where we have the skills for beginning novice OB, Rally, Agility, etc. but just have to practice it. Getting over past training mistakes is key. Someday we'll get there. :)

hmmmmm..... I'm not going to put titles as goals as I don't really trial. I have no plans to trial Lucy but we're still training in agility and some OB. Biggest goal is for them to continue to love training and get super excited when I say it is time to work.

Lucy

* Learn weaves, which is a very big goal for her!

* Give her more opportunities to self-settle and see what her new threshold is.

* Teach her to run to her crate when the gate bell rings. Buy bell.

* More work on "there are people in my house and I'll try not to have a go at them". On leash, of course.

* More tracking training. She loves it and won our little club comp.

* Start a bit of heel work just for fun.

Fergus

* Weave entries from all angles

* Start to trial him. He's been ready for a long time, I haven't.

* Work on having the reward far away from us.

* Prefect 2o2o, with me in any position and running. We're nearly there but he needs to drive to the end of the contact more.

* Maybe start some proper OB training, including heel work.

* Continue to develop core strength with the peanut and disk training at least a few days per week.

Would lurve a puppy to train but it just isn't on the cards for the next few years unless I win lotto and don't need to work fulltime. I think I need a family member to get one like RS did!

Me

* Build up fitness so I can run the course with the dogs without doing a jabba-the-hut impersonation.

* Practice handling skills.

Edited by megan_

Would lurve a puppy to train but it just isn't on the cards for the next few years unless I win lotto and don't need to work fulltime. I think I need a family member to get one like RS did!

rofl1.gif

All of the fun, none of the financial responsibility!! thumbsup1.gif And golly gosh she's a little ripper, too! biggrin.gif

OK – since I’m an idiot and mixed up my 2012 and 2013 - good start – can see why Kirra rolls her eyes at me and nips me to get my handling better! :rofl:

So ---

Kirra

• Keep her fit and happy first and foremost

• Keep having fun in rally – aiming for RAE

• Running agility for as long as she wants to – more Masters and Open multipliers if they come

• Keep going with Track & Search – maybe heading towards TSDX

Rory

• Have him ready for Open obedience – he’s almost there – stays need some proofing

• Keep working towards UD

• Tracking – hopefully finish TCh (giving him a Dual Ch :D ), and go on to Track & Search

• See if I can get him ready for agility trialling - or at least have fun trying :)

• Get the other 5 legs he needs for RAE, and then have fun trying to get multipliers

And try to find some time to do some more DWD training with both dogs.

I would like Mindy to get some novice agility titles.

She has started working very well towards the end of this year and we have one Q in each of novice agility, jumping, snooker and gamblers and 2 in strategic pairs.

So hopefully this is a realistic goal for us, I guess a lot will depend on my work and how much time I have to train her.

I think agility will be our focus, but I'd also really like to start retrieving and perhaps do some retrieving ability trials. I'd also like to do some tracking.

Edited by aussielover

Now our furkids

raising a litter of puppies

and planning on her having her first litter in among all that too!

In 2013 I am not going to be too ambitious because Zora and I will be having part of the year off for a litter ( :D ).

Wow look at all the training forum puppies expecting puppies next year!! We might need a thread just for training forum babies! :laugh: :)

Well here goes in black and white....

COCO

Get her Tracking Champion title (only three legs to go :laugh: )

Some more legs towards her OC.

start to play with Rally

PIP

Remain the exceptional couch dog she is.

Be a good minder for the new pup.

????

Start showing with her

Teach her how to learn.

Establish good foundations in both obedience and tracking.

Great to read everyones goals - will be following closely to see how far we all get.

Mine are as follows....

Zazu - CCD title and RN title (although I hoping we might manage the latter this weekend....). I would like to see her attention on me continue to improve at trials. I've seen glimpses of it, I am working on seeing it all the time now.

Kyte - CCD title, RN title (same as Zazu...might happen this weekend) maybe RA title and JD and AD titles. Far more importantly I would like to see her less overwhelmed and much happier in the ring (although that could also be related to my next point.....)

Me - continue working on my ring nerves, and learn to play more with my fur girls between exercises. I also would love to really improve my agility handling skills.

Guess we will see how we go given we are so far from most trials. Should be fun trying no matter how many titles we do/don't get :D

Now our furkids

raising a litter of puppies

and planning on her having her first litter in among all that too!

In 2013 I am not going to be too ambitious because Zora and I will be having part of the year off for a litter ( :D ).

Wow look at all the training forum puppies expecting puppies next year!! We might need a thread just for training forum babies! :laugh: :)

I will be happy to indulge! I am really excited at having the chance to raise a litter and share lots pf pics! Who knows we might see a puppy pop up in the 2014 goals ;)

Big list this year with several kids on the list lol

Ella

• JD title
  • ET title - be the first lowchen to do so
  • Keep working hard, gain our focus back and just have fun together
  • Go to ADAA nationals and GP hopefully

Amber

• keep working hard, and get ready for trialling later on in the year
  • head towards our RN title
  • finish our Contact and weave training
  • sucessfully complete a course (doesnt have to be a Q but I just want to have a sucessful run that I can be proud of)

Leo

oh my le-le man where to start lol I just want him to be a happy confident dog, any extras will be bonuses, Id like OH to continue with his slow agility training in hope towards the end of the year they may be able to compete.

My new little Bubbah

I want a happy confident puppy, who enjoys playing and working with me. hopefully do lots of foundation work and showing.. who knows lol!!!

Just a couple of goals this year for the Border Terrier earthdog brigade here in the Southern Highlands.....

Tosh - keep going with just four more passes needed at Senior level for his MEX (Master Earthdog Excellent), which is sort of equivalent to a Ch. title in earthdog. He's got 8 chances during the season (only a winter sport) so a 50% pass rate should be achievable. He has slowed down a bit at 10, but still has the drive and always comes up smiling from the dens :)

Monkey - new kid on the block, will be 14 months old at her first try for the season at the Earthdog Instinct Certificate test. Very much at the "off comes the head and on goes the pumpkin" stage ATM, lacking focus, but can guarantee she will have heaps of fun and with a bit of work should get her EIC title and be on her way to her Novice Earthdog title by the end of winter. She might even get her conformation Ch title too..... :crossfingers:

Well...with some degree of surprise that I feel almost confident to post this I would love to get RA & RE titles as well as CD and work toward CDX.

Now I have put it down I better do some work! My big goal this year was to feel confident and enjoy the ring. Might have achieved that as I can't wait. (Just need to work consistently).

Esky

Become more competitive in racing.

Pull HARD the whole track.

Place in a 1 dog class

and / or WIN a touring class

Pull on command in weightpull

Pull over 250kg

Pull 10x Body Weight

Pull 20x Body Weight

Pull 25x Body Weight

Endurance Test Title

and the laughable long shot is entering a rally comp :laugh:

Me

Lose more weight / gain fitness to help with racing.

Be more encouraging, lower my expectations.

Get to an interstate race

Join an obedience club ( if work permits)

Get 'F Dog' ( Maybe a 2014 goal)

Edited by Esky the husky

I'm super pleased to report I can cross the RN titles off the 2013 goal list as Kyte and Zazu managed to both achieve theirs on Friday night :-D

And we are one step closer to Zazu's CCD title after her 2nd quallie with 95/100 and 2nd place. So proud of my girls.