2013 Training Goals!

Guest Panzer Attack!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK – since I’m an idiot and mixed up my 2012 and 2013 - good start – can see why Kirra rolls her eyes at me and nips me to get my handling better! :rofl:

So ---

Kirra

• Keep her fit and happy first and foremost - Tick

• Keep having fun in rally – aiming for RAE - she's definitely having fun - still need 3 legs for RAE

• Running agility for as long as she wants to – more Masters and Open multipliers if they come - Tick - JDO5 ADO5 and JDM3 (the last one just last week)

• Keep going with Track & Search – maybe heading towards TSDX - She's passed her TSD Test 4 - now onto the Urban test 5

Rory

• Have him ready for Open obedience – he’s almost there – stays need some proofing - tick - CDX in July

• Keep working towards UD - tick - having lots of fun and making good progress, although I've broken his SFE :laugh:

• Tracking – hopefully finish TCh (giving him a Dual Ch :D ), and go on to Track & Search - tick - Dual Ch (T) gained August - first T & S trial in 3 weeks.

• See if I can get him ready for agility trialling - or at least have fun trying :) - tick - well sort of - agility is still a work in prgoress, but jumping is coming on nicely - got his first Novice Jumping Q last week

• Get the other 5 legs he needs for RAE, and then have fun trying to get multipliers - tick - RAE gained April - we need 4 more legs for RAE2

And try to find some time to do some more DWD training with both dogs. - ummm - still very much a work in progress. In our defence, we have been a tad busy with other disciplines :laugh:

Phew! That was fun - can you tell I'm just a little bit proud of my kids :rofl: - and so grateful to all those super trainers who have helped us on DOL and IRL. :thanks:

Last trials for the year a couple of weeks ago and happy to say the feral agility girl, Kirra, managed to finish her RAE ..the second dog in Tasmania to do so. Lil big man Rory, not to be outdone, finished his RAE2 .. also first in Tasmania.

Rory has enjoyed trialling in UD ..though very much still a work in progress. Happy with his attitude though. He passed his TSD1, and has had lots of fun trialling in agility ... Still a missile but getting quite a bit less misguided, especially in jumping ..and I'm learning to trust him..now have to get fitter so i still have breath and brain to steer him at the end of a mad dash :-).

Miss Kirra is loving urban tracking, though she made one mistake in each of her attempts at Test 5. She's still happily running agility..finished ADO6 recently. Both her vets have said she can keep running as long as she wants to ..she gets regular maintenance massage and acupuncture if necessary.

A fun year with my two ..liking forward to next year.

You've had a wonderful year Tassie across so many disciplines - congratulations!

Thanks TSD - probably a case of Jack of all trades, master of none :rofl: - but we've been having heaps of fun - and my clever kids seem to manage, and we're certainly never bored.

You've had an excellent year yourself - don't know how you do it with your studies as well - that's a tough gig on its own (not that I ever did it .. Masters by classwork was enough for me :laugh: .

• 2 weeks later...

RUBY

* RE title

* Need to gain her confidence back on the solid jump after she hit it lightly (no injury, just a scare which has turned into a solid jump phobia now. The princess doesn't take much to get her confidence shaken!)

* Keep working towards our UD title if we can get the jump thing under control. A pass would be nice :laugh: (we've been close, but no cigar!)

* Work on her soft mouth for retrieving and perhaps enter some more retrieving trials if I feel confident enough.

* Have continued success at Retrieving Ability Tests if more are held this year. Depending on how many are held, perhaps our NRA title.

MILLIE

* RE title

* Get her better prepared for UD

* Some passes towards her JDM title

* ADX title

* Have continued success at Retrieving Ability Tests if more are held this year. Depending on how many are held, perhaps our NRA title.<br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

PIPPA (my new contestant for 2013!)

* Get her ready for CCD/Novice obedience

* Get her ready for Novice Agility/Jumping

I'm in no rush to get her in the ring for obedience and agility, though. We'll enter when we enter :)

Looking back on my trialling goals and our year of trialling, and we didn't do too badly!

RUBY

Ruby achieved her RE title and her NRA title.

We entered a handful of UD trials this year, and came so very close to a pass numerous times!

Trained a bit of retrieving early in the year, but decided not to trial. We trialled in retrieving ability tests instead and gained her NRA title.

Had no agility goals this year with Ruby, but we gained 2 ADX legs (2 to go) and 3 JDM legs (4 to go) this year.

MILLIE

Millie achieved her RE title, SD title and her NRA title.

She gained 3 legs towards her JDM. 4 to go!

No ADX title, this one will forever elude us. We gained another 2 legs towards it, though. 2 more to go!

As for UD, let's not even go there laugh.gif Trains in it very well, trials in it with her own madeup exercises laugh.gif

PIPPA

I got Pippa in the agility/jumping ring this year and she gained her JD title (in one weekend at the state trial) and 1 leg towards JDX.

No passes in agility but some near misses!

We also entered some Novice obedience rounds as Not For Competition at the end of the year to see where we're at and I'm pleased with how she's progressing!

Edited by RubyStar

1355520002[/url]' post='6052846']

Well...with some degree of surprise that I feel almost confident to post this I would love to get RA & RE titles as well as CD and work toward CDX.

Now I have put it down I better do some work! My big goal this year was to feel confident and enjoy the ring. Might have achieved that as I can't wait. (Just need to work consistently).

We'll it was an interrupted training year with Waldo having an injured leg and I was constantly nervous about his movement. I was also travelling to and from Hobart for family reasons. Spent most of November and December moving my elderly aunt from Hobart to Melbourne so missed a number of trials. However we got our RA and RE. We also have 2 CD passes.

well cant find it so here goes

got two passes in udx only 1 counted for Grand Champion need only another 3 more passes. So that is going to take awhile if its going to be a one pass a year. On the bright side she did become the state udx champion though

We dabbled in rally and got both novice and advanced title and won top novice rally in the SACA Awards Tomorrow night for NYE competing in my first excellent rally

We also dabbled in dancing with dogs and got our dancing with dog starter freestyle title. Might help if I pull my hand out and start finding a song and costume and go into the next class.

Well here goes in black and white....

COCO

Get her Tracking Champion title (only three legs to go :laugh: )

Some more legs towards her OC.

start to play with Rally

PIP

Remain the exceptional couch dog she is.

Be a good minder for the new pup.

????

Start showing with her

Teach her how to learn.

Establish good foundations in both obedience and tracking.

Well we got some of these :).

Coco got her Tracking CH making her a dual Ch. Still can't believe that. Only managed three UD trials this year (me bad) and each time so close but not quite the 185s we need - most likely my fault not hers

??? Became Peggy the piglet.

Most over the top puppy I have ever had arrived in our life in May. Foundations are going well and she seems to be loving it. Got into the show ring with her and started on the long road to a show title (only 70 points to go LOL)

Sorted Pips health issues and she remains supreme couch dog..

So not too bad a year thanks to the dogs I kept to a similar level of insanity and you can't ask for more than that

Only managed three UD trials this year (me bad) and each time so close but not quite the 185s we need - most likely my fault not hers

Kath, I remember reading about all your UD woes, and then you finally cracking that UD! And to now, it seems like she is still consistent enough to pass each time you trial? (bugger the scores weren't enough for OC legs!) You give me hope!!! Please tell me it will get easier laugh.gif

Well done on your year thumbsup1.gif

Only managed three UD trials this year (me bad) and each time so close but not quite the 185s we need - most likely my fault not hers

Kath, I remember reading about all your UD woes, and then you finally cracking that UD! And to now, it seems like she is still consistent enough to pass each time you trial? (bugger the scores weren't enough for OC legs!) You give me hope!!! Please tell me it will get easier laugh.gif

Well done on your year thumbsup1.gif

It gets easier!! I think a lot of our earlier problems were in my head. I just couldn't wrap my head around the fact that we were actually doing UD and we belonged there so I let the team down. Once we got our first leg though and a friend worked on my head it seemed to click.It certainly made me a better trainer

The way Ruby trials sometimes it looks like she does belong there, then next time she looks like she's never been trained for it, so I feel like we shouldn't be there and that onlookers are wondering why we're even bothering. Our first Open pass took about a year then the other passes came not long after, so I'm hoping the same for UD. I want to crack that first pass!!!!!

The way Ruby trials sometimes it looks like she does belong there, then next time she looks like she's never been trained for it, so I feel like we shouldn't be there and that onlookers are wondering why we're even bothering. Our first Open pass took about a year then the other passes came not long after, so I'm hoping the same for UD. I want to crack that first pass!!!!!

Took me 33 trials to get our first leg - then only 6 to get her title. So you're right once you get the first one it can happen quickly. And I eventually realized that the best dogs and handlers get duck eggs in UD. If it was easy there'd be "Useful Dogs" everywhere LOL

Edited by kathq

laugh.gif Thanks kathq :) I haven't kept track of how many we've entered. We only do night time trials over summer so while we have been trying now for 2 years with no pass, our attempts have been semi-limited laugh.gif I'll keep telling myself that to make me feel better rofl1.gif Two trials ago she only missed the glove, I got extremely anxious and she totally tuned out so didn't even turn with me and it was all downhill from there. But it was the first time we had gotten that far still on a pass (she mainly fails 1 article or knocks the bar jump - the jumps are actually my biggest issue at the moment, a question of physical ability over training ability :( ) Then to our last trial of the year, she acted like she had never been in a ring before in her life laugh.gif Oh, dogs!!! Wish I could figure them out!

2013 hasn't been a particularly good training year, I trained less, wagged a lot, didn't have a lot of motivation and was generally distracted by 'real life'! Still we scraped through it, feeling a lot better about 2014 though I will have a wedding to distract me I feel like it may be a better year dog training wise!

2012 will be hard to beat for me - don't think it will be possible!

But here is what I'd like to achieve this year:

Trixie

ADM Title - may take longer than this year though lol - need 7 passes

More JDM passes, got the title, so the aim is speed, consistency, enthusiasm, and general tightening up around the course

Some open passes would be good, need to do more distance stuff, she just doesn't get it lol

SDX passes, GD passes, SP passes

Training wise it's all about clearer cues from me, better handling, and fine tuning to get some speed and enthusiasm back and continue having fun running the Trixie Bean

No titles, but did gain some quallies - in Strategic Pairs (which was quite fun! Ran with Kyzer and my OH) got some lovely SDX passes and placed well, got a Gamblers pass, we have very few games trials in WA. She managed a few ADM passes which were on tricky courses I didn't think we could do - haha, and racked up a few JDM passes, our favourite class. I guess handling is getting better - need to work on it more though, but we are getting better at communicating.

Kyzer

Some ADM passes - doubt he could get 7 in a year though for a title but we'll give it a go

JDM title - 5 passes required - may be doable?

Some Open passes would be good

Training wise it's all about having fun and keeping him engaged :)

Should be a fun low stress year :D

Kyzer was handed over to my OH halfway through this year to give him something to do at trials, and see if I was the cause of his ring stress. Unfortunately the stress is still there and he is still very up and down but we have some plans to combat it this year. They managed 2 JDM quallies including a 1st place, which is pretty good since the poor newbie handler was thrown straight into Masters haha