Vip Petfoods Natures Goodness Grainfree

kendall

My dogs hate it.

that's a bugger - been feeding it to fosters and now is mixed in with TOTW for both Fibbs & Simba. They both like it and eveything seems good

but then yours aren't real greyhounds now are they? :)

no sadly they are make believe ones :cry:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Poppy isn't a super drooly dog but the VIP makes her drool in anticipation, lol. I got one of the rolls to try this week.

Thumbs down for Propac though. It made her coat go crap and she didn't much like it, which says alot as she eats anything.

• 2 months later...

Spotted 7kg bags on the shelves at my Woolies today :thumbsup: Only the chicken and duck at this stage though :( hopefully the game and potato one will be out soon.$28.98 for the 7kg bag. They also have a new lamb one in the tiny bags.

I've weaned my two dogs and cat off BH [but for a small amount of feline BH] and on to VIP recently and all seems to be going well. ftr, it had nothing to do with BH or any issue associated with feeding my pets [it was more to do with availability actually] --- i'd heard about VIP, it's grain-free, easily obtainable and soooo damned affordable that I had to try it on my pets...

there appears to be no health differences [between feeding BH and VIP] but one thing for sure that I find remarkable is that with VIP, there seems to be much less output [even tho there wasn't much more output when feeding BH]! every day I do the backyard grid walk lately, every day i'm astounded by the lack of refuse [there is no evidence of coprophagia].

• 1 month later...

hey stan's mum :) good to see you again! I should visit the inviserable thread just to catch up --- it's a shame that life is getting in my way...

BOT tho: i'm now seeing more output in the back yard and that disturbs me...

I must say also that since starting them on VIP grain free, BOTH MY DOGS occasionally defecate MORE THAN ONCE during walks! most unusual...

i'm still deciding whether that's to do with *time of day* or whether it's a natural form of marking brought about by enzyme arousal resulting from them sniffing

I don't know what to make of all of it frankly --- still feeding vip gf and happy-ish at this point :)

hey stan's mum :) good to see you again! I should visit the inviserable thread just to catch up --- it's a shame that life is getting in my way...

BOT tho: i'm now seeing more output in the back yard and that disturbs me...

I must say also that since starting them on VIP grain free, BOTH MY DOGS occasionally defecate MORE THAN ONCE during walks! most unusual...

i'm still deciding whether that's to do with *time of day* or whether it's a natural form of marking brought about by enzyme arousal resulting from them sniffing

I don't know what to make of all of it frankly --- still feeding vip gf and happy-ish at this point :)

I have definitely noticed more output as well. Mine has gone from a once a day boy to about three times a day. His anal glands have improved though. :)

I am on my second bag at the moment and will decide whether to continue when that bag is nearly finished.

Hey Scruff good to see you too, I miss your Friday night funnies :D

The greys are still going strong on the VIP and Stan still has firm poos :happydance: and still minimal output. It's disappointing when you think you've found a food that is a winner, I did that with Iams. Went strong for a few months and then Stan got the runs and Maddie decided she just didn't like it anymore. Check out the other thread on dry food, there are some good reveiws on Kirklands from Costco, I think there's a Costco near you.

This thread SnF..

http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/248819-what-is-the-cheapest-quality-dry-food/

Edited by stans mum

Mine are still doing well on it and I have found that there are only improvements for them and me.

I have two bitches in whelp on it and they are doing fine so far.

I intend to raise the pups on it also, so we shall see what the future brings.

Getting a bit fed up with the additional "output" with this food - though otherwise seems OK. I really wanted to stick to an Aussie brand.

Are there any other Australian made besides BH, VIP, Natures Gift, VAN and Advance I could try?

Rosetta I hear what you are saying but if the dogs are doing well does it really matter how much you pick up.

I am used to picking up from the smallest dogs to the largest it doesn't bother me. I just see it as part of owning dogs and lets face it those of us that like to be clean (and it appears that you fall into the category) pick it up and put up with it.

On a lighter note may I say, work in a boarding kennel over Xmas and just see how much you have to pick up :laugh: you start to think what you pick up at home is nothing. :laugh:

Getting a bit fed up with the additional "output" with this food - though otherwise seems OK. I really wanted to stick to an Aussie brand.

Are there any other Australian made besides BH, VIP, Natures Gift, VAN and Advance I could try?

Hills Adult varieties are manufactured in Australia but is not Australian owned.

Royal Canin may be moving to manufacture in Aus too - but the same applies to ownership obviously.

Rosetta I hear what you are saying but if the dogs are doing well does it really matter how much you pick up.

I am used to picking up from the smallest dogs to the largest it doesn't bother me. I just see it as part of owning dogs and lets face it those of us that like to be clean (and it appears that you fall into the category) pick it up and put up with it.

On a lighter note may I say, work in a boarding kennel over Xmas and just see how much you have to pick up :laugh: you start to think what you pick up at home is nothing. :laugh:

I get your point Oakway. I just wonder if it is good for him to go from pooping once a day to 3 times :)