Vip Petfoods Natures Goodness Grainfree

kendall

Rosetta I hear what you are saying but if the dogs are doing well does it really matter how much you pick up.

I am used to picking up from the smallest dogs to the largest it doesn't bother me. I just see it as part of owning dogs and lets face it those of us that like to be clean (and it appears that you fall into the category) pick it up and put up with it.

On a lighter note may I say, work in a boarding kennel over Xmas and just see how much you have to pick up :laugh: you start to think what you pick up at home is nothing. :laugh:

I get your point Oakway. I just wonder if it is good for him to go from pooping once a day to 3 times :)

I was wondering if it is just your dogs metabolism on that "particular" food. Strange isn't it the way things turn out.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mine are still doing well on it and I have found that there are only improvements for them and me.

I have two bitches in whelp on it and they are doing fine so far.

I intend to raise the pups on it also, so we shall see what the future brings.

:thumbsup: that's great oakway, hope you have continued success!

Rosetta sorry I don't know what breed of dog you have but one poo a day doesn't seem much, I'm not having a go at you and please everyone correct me if I'm wrong. When my two have their brekkie they always go and do a poo. When we go for our daily walk Stan always does two and Maddie does one, no fail it's always the same. They might sneak another one in after dinner I don't know but when I do poo patrol in the yard twice a week there's not much out there.

Edited by stans mum

Mine are still doing well on it and I have found that there are only improvements for them and me.

I have two bitches in whelp on it and they are doing fine so far.

I intend to raise the pups on it also, so we shall see what the future brings.

:thumbsup: that's great oakway, hope you have continued success!

Rosetta sorry I don't know what breed of dog you have but one poo a day doesn't seem much, I'm not having a go at you and please everyone correct me if I'm wrong. When my two have their brekkie they always go and do a poo. When we go for our daily walk Stan always does two and Maddie does one, no fail it's always the same. They might sneak another one in after dinner I don't know but when I do poo patrol in the yard twice a week there's not much out there.

A 5kg poodle :) I know once does not seem much it is more the increase to 3 times and whether I should be concerned about that - I don't know if it is because there is more "filler" in the food or whether it does not agree with him.

My adult dogs only get one meal a day and they always do 2 poos every day, I wish they only did one! This has been happening their whole lives, no matter which brand of food they are eating. It's the consistency and size of poop that can vary :)

I'm raising a litter of pups ATM and they get VIP grain free and chicken mince every day and are all doing well so far (they are 4 weeks old)

You know what Stans Mum said is pretty spot on about them going.

Mine can go two or three times a day depending on what they get.

I just never thought about it in those terms. Must admit I had visions of you with very large dogs doing gallons :laugh:.

I haven an Iggy that weighs 5.7 kg as I weighed her at the vets today and she can go at least twice a day.

She gets dry, chicken necks beef mince (only because for some reason mine are refusing to eat the chicken mince).

Edited by oakway

hi guys and thanks for the feedback. i'm still mystified to the point where i'm perplexed by the amount i pick up after just 24 hours!

i'm still convinced however that it is a good product and i will persevere; i must admit there had been some dietary upheavel [not consistently feeding raw] for up to a week or so when this change occurred and that may have played a part, but i'm back on track and hopefully i'll see a return to those earlier toileting habits...

i'll give it a week or so and post again following that :)

Yes I will probably persist with it for a while also. Once you get over the fact that it is a "supermarket food" it seems to compare quite well with the so called "premium brands" such as Royal Canin - ingredients in the Mini Adult: maize, dehydrated poultry meat, maize flour, animal fats, maize gluten, hydrolysed animal proteins, vegetable protein isolate*, beet pulp, yeasts, soya oil, fish oil, minerals, DL-methionine, sodium polyphosphate, L-lysine, egg powder, L-carnitine*L.I.P.: I am no expert but the VIP ingredients stand up well in comparison to that IMO - with some additions such as some sardines/tuna it seems fine.

ETA - I don't care about the cost factor - just want Aussie made and easily obtainable :)

Edited by Rosetta

I haven't noticed any difference in output, but it's only a small part of their overall diet anyway. As others have said, two of my dogs will poop 2-3 times a day anyway regardless of which food they are getting. Kayla, who has become quite fussy, absolutely loves it though - much more so than the other varieties of dry food that I've tried.

Getting a bit fed up with the additional "output" with this food - though otherwise seems OK. I really wanted to stick to an Aussie brand.

Are there any other Australian made besides BH, VIP, Natures Gift, VAN and Advance I could try?

Grain free, Australian, new, quality ingredients.

http://www.stayloyal.com.au/

post-4036-0-23831200-1369184407_thumb.jpg

Yes I will probably persist with it for a while also. Once you get over the fact that it is a "supermarket food" it seems to compare quite well with the so called "premium brands" such as Royal Canin - ingredients in the Mini Adult: maize, dehydrated poultry meat, maize flour, animal fats, maize gluten, hydrolysed animal proteins, vegetable protein isolate*, beet pulp, yeasts, soya oil, fish oil, minerals, DL-methionine, sodium polyphosphate, L-lysine, egg powder, L-carnitine*L.I.P.: I am no expert but the VIP ingredients stand up well in comparison to that IMO - with some additions such as some sardines/tuna it seems fine.

ETA - I don't care about the cost factor - just want Aussie made and easily obtainable :)

I wouldn't call it quality with those ingredients....maize, maize flour, maize gluten all high up in the list....a bunch of low quality fillers.

I wouldn't call it quality with those ingredients....maize, maize flour, maize gluten all high up in the list....a bunch of low quality fillers.

Just to clarify - they were the ingredients of the Royal Canin kibble. I may not have been clear :)

Getting a bit fed up with the additional "output" with this food - though otherwise seems OK. I really wanted to stick to an Aussie brand.

Are there any other Australian made besides BH, VIP, Natures Gift, VAN and Advance I could try?

Grain free, Australian, new, quality ingredients.

http://www.stayloyal.com.au/

Good ingredients in that! Maybe a little high in protein for my liking - and kibble is large size?

OK, have had to discontinue completely now as he has developed full on runs. Just went out and bought a bag of Eukanuba Sensitive Skin as it is fish based - any opinions on that one? Will see how we go...

OK, have had to discontinue completely now as he has developed full on runs. Just went out and bought a bag of Eukanuba Sensitive Skin as it is fish based - any opinions on that one? Will see how we go...

Please may I ask why you believe it is the food you are feeding ?. I'm only trying to think of things that may be of help to you.

I live in Qld and depending on the weather in the area where you live you may have to worm every 2 weeks during some parts of the year.

Could this upset be due to worms aliened with the weather conditions. Soil type and wet weather can mean a hook worm overburden and this may mean very lose stools sometimes blood streaked. Could this be happening to the dog ?. :)

Please may I ask why you believe it is the food you are feeding ?. I'm only trying to think of things that may be of help to you.

I live in Qld and depending on the weather in the area where you live you may have to worm every 2 weeks during some parts of the year.

Could this upset be due to worms aliened with the weather conditions. Soil type and wet weather can mean a hook worm overburden and this may mean very lose stools sometimes blood streaked. Could this be happening to the dog ?. :)

No, I don't think so - we are in a suburban area and he is wormed regularly. I have not given him the VIP for 2 days and things have improved so who knows - I haven't thrown it out yet :) He was OK on the first bag but seems to have developed this problem since we started on the second. It still looks to be a good food and probably suits many but its trial and error with the dry food I think. He was much better on Taste of the Wild and I might end up returning to that.

I can sympathise Rosetta, Stan would start off fine with all of the kibbles I tried and then a month maybe two...squirts :( it's so frustrating. Touch wood we are up to about 8 months now and he is still powering on the VIP, if it would've been the Eukanuba, Pro Plan Salmon,Iams and whatever else I tried I would've stuck to that too it's just trial and error unfortunately.

Edited by stans mum