Breeds We Saw Today - 23 Different Pure Breeds!

Simply Grand

the only dogs I've seen at my local off-leash are staffies, an occasional BC, staffies, an occasional greyhound, staffies, an occasional lab, and staffies!

I'm sooo envious of those who live in an area where a variety of dogs are found :)

I often see a fellow walking a Puli around my suburb, but I've only ever seen him when I'm driving, so I've never had the opportunity to talk to him.

Same situation, I see a woman walking a Bernese Mountain Dog when I'm on my way to work and another woman who walks about 4 Border Collies, one which has the bushiest tail I've ever seen on a BC. Carries it really erect and has beautiful long hair on it.

We have several Wheatens at my local park- they are so pretty.

Gun dogs are overwhelming favourites though, lots of GSPs, Pointers, Viszlas, Weims, Labs & Goldies. Not sure what that indicates. :laugh:

Viszlas are so an Eastern Suburbs thing!! Never see them anywhere else, but CONSTANTLY see them in the Eastern Suburbs! Very fashionable I think ;)

Today I nearly lost my....well you know. We had a guy bring his little weim pup in. And I got to HOLD it! I love weims, absolutely smitten, but need to have a bigger property before we even look at getting one. Today was like xmas came early

That's so cool! I looove vicarious puppy breath at the park. Puppies always get lots of attention from both humans and dogs and it's interesting watching how different dogs and owners cope with it. And then watching the babies grow up if they become regulars :)

My partner spent the month of September in Hungary. She saw only a couple of Pulik while she was there. Her family is Hungarian and they owned a Puli here on the Gold Coast for 15 years. During that time I think they only ever saw one other Puli.

Viszlas on the other hand are pretty common! At Currumbin Beach I'd see 3 or 4 every day!

Our local dog park (that I don't frequent anymore) Has Border Collies (quite a few!), Staffy X's, an Irish Setter, Boxer, Rotty, a couple of APBT (sweethearts) GSD, Labs, GR, a Husky (always causing trouble with two inexperienced young girl owners) and many crossbreeds.

I'd love to see more variety in the dogs locally.

I don't see many different breeds in our town either. I doubt we even have that many different breeds in our town let alone seeing that many in a couple of hours! I think I am a bit of a novelty walking my dachshund, cocker spaniel and border collie/kelpie mix! I certainly get lots of comments. :)

Edited by sausy.dog