Bobby Skye From Bp

Guest crickets

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest crickets

Are you sitting on the floor these days, cricket?

No, thankfully I have a 2-3 seater as well....or at least a tiny bit of one anyway! As soon as I sit down they scramble over one either side and the little squeeze in the middle is all I have :whiteflag:

post-34343-0-57420100-1357036718_thumb.jpg

No, thankfully I have a 2-3 seater as well....or at least a tiny bit of one anyway! As soon as I sit down they scramble over one either side and the little squeeze in the middle is all I have :whiteflag:

Ha ha ha - I was wondering the same. Good to see that you have your priorities straight, crickets :laugh: :laugh: .

That look says, 'You're not going to sit down here, are you?'

Classic :rofl:

I'm so pleased to read about Bobby's fantastic rescue. I'd read about him being in BP but hadn't checked in to hear his fate. He's looking beautiful Crickets!!

I'd first heard about Skye Terriers from Black Beauty and had no idea what they looked like. Beauty was talking about the docking of tails and cutting the ears to make them pointy. They really are such beautiful dogs!!

Guest crickets

Yes when he got here he had quite a few fleas but it was obvious he'd been dealing with them for a while. His skin was itchy, flaky & scabby, and hot & his coat was sparse and dry. It's been about 3.5 weeks of good food, regular baths and contentment and already his skin looks so much better. When I did his weekly bath & groom on Monday all the remaining flaking lifted off and his skin looks clear. I haven't seen him scratch or chew for at least a week now. He even has some new undercoat growth coming through. In 6-12 months he'll look like a proper Skye! He has finally lost that pissy, poundy, flea stink too :thumbsup:

he has put on a whole kg as well and is about ideal at 16kgs now.

Yes when he got here he had quite a few fleas but it was obvious he'd been dealing with them for a while. His skin was itchy, flaky & scabby, and hot & his coat was sparse and dry. It's been about 3.5 weeks of good food, regular baths and contentment and already his skin looks so much better. When I did his weekly bath & groom on Monday all the remaining flaking lifted off and his skin looks clear. I haven't seen him scratch or chew for at least a week now. He even has some new undercoat growth coming through. In 6-12 months he'll look like a proper Skye! He has finally lost that pissy, poundy, flea stink too :thumbsup:

It is wonderful to see the transformation these neglected and misunderstood dogs go through. The really sad thing is that all it takes is decent food, proper treatment for fleas and/or worms, bit of grooming that some people seem incapable of giving and yet is just basic care.

16kgs :eek: I had no idea they were so big.

Guest crickets

It is wonderful to see the transformation these neglected and misunderstood dogs go through. The really sad thing is that all it takes is decent food, proper treatment for fleas and/or worms, bit of grooming that some people seem incapable of giving and yet is just basic care.

That is most people's reaction the first time they actually meet one! Not many people realise how substantial a dog they really are. That is why you will find me going on about folks really needing to understand their temperament, because you're not dealing with a little dog you can just sort of flick off. They are powerful & substantial with all the mental tenacity of a true terrier. They appear very laid back as far as terriers go, but cross them & you will soon see the full power of their inner terrier!

That is most people's reaction the first time they actually meet one! Not many people realise how substantial a dog they really are. That is why you will find me going on about folks really needing to understand their temperament, because you're not dealing with a little dog you can just sort of flick off. They are powerful & substantial with all the mental tenacity of a true terrier. They appear very laid back as far as terriers go, but cross them & you will soon see the full power of their inner terrier!

Crikey - i didn't realise they were so big either! Def. important for them to go to a breed savvy home.

An terriers, they're such independent little buggers. Even Princess Mini, who for a kerry blue is a most biddable girl, has a 'so what are you going to do about it?' stubborn streak.

crickets, it's lovely to see Bobby coming into himself under your care! thumbsup1.gif

Edited by Sheridan

Guest crickets

Oh I wish I had the camera last night on our walk to record his shenannigans! I am able to drop his lead for a few moments here & there now and let him do crazy circle work zoomies with DeeDee. It's side splitting comedy from such odd shaped dogs!

Maybe tonight, we'll see how we go. ......