Cruelty Charges Against Underbelly Character

Curlybert

From today's Sydney Morning Herald:

Former prostitute and NSW Police trainee Kim Hollingsworth has been charged with hindering an animal welfare officer in Sydney's west.

Hollingsworth, whose story was featured in the television crime series Underbelly: The Golden Mile, set in Kings Cross, was arrested at a Mulgoa property about 10.30am on Thursday.

The arrest came after RSPCA officers went to her home to assess the animals under her care, an RSPCA spokesman said.

Acting Inspector Jeff Thornton from Penrith Local Area command said that Hollingworth allegedly began to obstruct an RSPCA officer conducting the investigation.

Advertisement

She was charged with hindering an officer and was issued a court attendance notice to appear at Penrith Local Court in January.

Hollingsworth was dismissed as a NSW Police trainee after failing to disclose her past as a prostitute and stripper.

Underbelly: The Golden Mile told the story of Sydney's underworld from 1988 to 1999.

The RSPCA spokesman said Hollingsworth also faced 11 charges of animal cruelty and was set to appear at Downing Centre District Court on Monday.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/underbelly-figure-kim-hollingsworth-charged-20121213-2bc6g.html

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was right across the road from a friends place, the horses don't look like the worst cases I've seen, many look quite healthy for paddock horses. They do have previous years colts still running in the paddocks so the breeding has been poorly managed. So many police cars during the day.

She's been mentioned previously on the Pound Rounds facebook site but I can't find it now and don't remember the details. There may have been some malice in the reports made to RSPCA.

I know nothing about this woman but I googled her name just now out of curiousity and so many images of her are with animals. Dogs, rats, horses, she would appear to be an animal lover. I wonder what went wrong, or if there is any real truth to the story. :confused:

This has been an ongoing issue I have been following for some time..

Kim appeared to have too many horses to feed and look after - approx 200 horses in her care.

I do believe she may have hoarding tendancies, yet that is no excuse for the poor condition of many of her horses.

I have Kim on my facebook and there seems to be some vitriol between her and other horse people, her statuses have become quite heated of late including a lot of photos of RSPCA cars at her horses "spying" or "stalking". Until the investigation comes out it is a very strange story with a lot of venom from both sides as there are a few people that have been quite vocal about her. I have seen some of the footage from when the RSPCA was taking the horses and the ones I saw were not in RSPCA intervention required condition I don't believe and to be honest some of the RSPCA handling techniques left a lot to be desired.

Edited by behluka

Um this is a long standing facebook war finally coming to fruition. Both sides are being accused of abusing and neglecting horses and to be honest I thought it was all bogus until I saw the news reports about her having been charged and horses being seized. I am still not 100% sure exactly what is going on but there has been a long and vicious campaign against her so the RSPCA may have felt pressured to do something rather than be accused of inaction? :confused:

Currently I am reserving judgement on this one until I see a conviction. Would be interesting to see pictures of the horses seized as well, I have not seen any so far but reports say they did not look bad?

The fb group detailing the alleged crimes will give you the head ache of your life and people are slinging threats and openly admitting to following her around and harrassing her as well, they seem more of a mob than anything else to me. Some of the complaints made were that the horses "were bored" and "not rugged" and apparently many of them are wind suckers (which may well be true since many of them are ex race horses, wind sucking is a common stable vice found in race horses)

ETA: Funnily enough (not) the lady who seems to have started this campaign, "Wrangler Maree" has been accused of shooting a horse with a compound bow and then dumping it on another lady under threat of dogging it.....

Edited by BlackJaq

ETA: Funnily enough (not) the lady who seems to have started this campaign, "Wrangler Maree" has been accused of shooting a horse with a compound bow and then dumping it on another lady under threat of dogging it.....

Now there's a name I know to run very far away from :eek:

It'll be nice when there is an official ruling on Kim's situation, with everything going on around it it's hard to call from the sidelines.

Wrangler Maree has committed terrible cruelty against both horses AND dogs. She gets in cahoots with people and then when they fall out she attacks them to take the heat off herself. One of her other arch enemies (that she used to work together with before they fell out) bred my dog and left her in the pound for dead.

Yes I have seen Lolly's group, too. The pictures of these dogs WM and her partner allegedly neglected and abused are atrocious and right up puppy mill alley. She also runs several $1000 & under horse sales pages and I see her posting for litters of pitbulls here and there. She also peddles working breed puppies on a regular basis. I feel bad for any animal that is unfortunate enough to meet her but of course it is all hearsay at the moment. Nobody with direct knowledge or proof seems to report? Disgusting.

I am extremely keen to see a ruling on this one.

Edited by BlackJaq

Yes I have seen Lolly's group, too. The pictures of these dogs WM and her partner allegedly neglected and abused are atrocious and right up puppy mill alley. She also runs several $1000 & under horse sales pages and I see her posting for litters of pitbulls here and there. She also peddles working breed puppies on a regular basis. I feel bad for any animal that is unfortunate enough to meet her but of course it is all hearsay at the moment. Nobody with direct knowledge or proof seems to report? Disgusting.

I am extremely keen to see a ruling on this one.

Yes it was her and her mate who used to reclaim pit-type dogs they didn't own from the pound so they could get them undesexed and breed them. Her mate bred my girl (was listed as owner on the chip) and I'm assuming she came from that sort of thing. She knew she was in the pound and due to be euthed and didn't bother to turn up.

Her and Wrangler then had a falling out and turned on each other much like it seems Wrangler and this Kim person are. You can't trust a word Wrangler says but the fact that she's attacking her makes me think they were likely working together at one point.

There must still be quite alot if tension between Kim and the NSW police if the number of cars and police is any indication. I've seen the horses in question for over a year now, in the paddock across the road and whilst they were in paddock condition I would never say they were cruelty cases. Seems alot of wasted resources thrown at an ongoing, 3 way feud

I have been following this story on FB for some time. I really think that for a lot of people it has turned into a "Witch Hunt" towards Kim Hollingsworth.

The horses involved in this whole sad saga now appear to have become collateral damage.

There is a facebook page named Kim Hollingsworth exposed or something like that. From what I understand, Kim has been rescuing horses for a long time. The RSPCA siezed a large number of horses quite a few months back and then a heap went missing when Kim moved a large number of them around and out of sight.

That page is just awful! :mad