Junk

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes just weaned them and they were going to destroy her :( I am glad we got her she is so awesome, loves the kids very laid back am interested to see her personality when she feels comfy here.

Edited by Greylvr

She looks gorgeous, and nice and relaxed tucked up like that. I love those greyhound jumpers, I can't help but laugh when I see greys wearing those polar fleece ones stretched over their chests, I love it :laugh:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Oh she is so wonderful. She will get up on the bed when invited, and get off when asked too. She loves the children eats up all the attention and is so laid back she just goes with the flow. Everyone has fallen in love with her. She sees her muzzle and leash and gets so excited to go for walks.

Edited by Greylvr

Very true she really is special renaming I have no problem with just coming up with a worthy name of such a great girl is not gonna be easy Lucy is nice though any other suggestions a name change wont be too hard because she will be with us for a bit so plenty of time to get use to new name.

Guest muttrus

Ive only ever seen a greyhound up close and personal once I didn"t realise just how big they are .They also seem to be talked about alot at the moment Random people have commented to me how much they are interested in them and telling me about greyhound rescue sounds like good news for greyhounds :)

They are really great dogs if matched in the right home and with responsible people I can see the potential for great disaster if not placed right.

On another note we got a call today with interest in Lucky if she passes with the cat. She has only seen the cat from afar looked interested but not totally focused, no pulling on the leash, no barking, jumping any of that just kept walking with us but that can mean nothing. She also had no interest in the ferret hopefully she is cat safe and can look forward to going on trial in January if the home check and vet check are ok. If not she will make a great pet for a non cat family she is really great! Just want to point out that if ever there is a dog that I am not 100% comfortable with cats small dogs, then I wont place them with cats small dogs even if they do well with the test because gut feelings can be right. Rather be safe than sorry.

Edited by Greylvr

On another note we got a call today with interest in Lucky if she passes with the cat. She has only seen the cat from afar looked interested but not totally focused, no pulling on the leash, no barking, jumping any of that just kept walking with us but that can mean nothing. She also had no interest in the ferret hopefully she is cat safe and can look forward to going on trial in January if the home check and vet check are ok. If not she will make a great pet for a non cat family she is really great! Just want to point out that if ever there is a dog that I am not 100% comfortable with cats small dogs, then I wont place them with cats small dogs even if they do well with the test because gut feelings can be right. Rather be safe than sorry.

I looked after a Grey for a while and sought advice from a Grey person on here about my cats. If I am wrong hopefully a Grey person will correct me, I would be interested to hear it.

She said things to watch out for were not the things I would normally watch for with prey drive. The Grey I had would freeze, her ear would flicker and her mouth would quiver. I decided never to trust her as it just wasnt worth it for minding a dog short term, but found it interesting that they seem to show different signs other than lunging and barking and general over excited behaviour.

I looked after a Grey for a while and sought advice from a Grey person on here about my cats. If I am wrong hopefully a Grey person will correct me, I would be interested to hear it.

She said things to watch out for were not the things I would normally watch for with prey drive. The Grey I had would freeze, her ear would flicker and her mouth would quiver. I decided never to trust her as it just wasnt worth it for minding a dog short term, but found it interesting that they seem to show different signs other than lunging and barking and general over excited behaviour.

Yes that behavior is what I was referring to as focused where they seem to go into a zone of focus and stare them down, tense up and just focus really hard on them I am not explaining it well I know That would be the prey drive the other person was talking about. I use focus as it seems more people would understand that than prey drive which lead me to another idea, giving the adopters handouts on prey drive and understanding it.

Edited by Greylvr

I've heard that as well. We have a client that brings his racing greys into the vet and we have a cage of kittens for adoption out the front. They all do they same thing, frozen in focus and quivering lips, poised for the chase almost. He has a couple that will whine but won't move unless the kitten does. They act like a wound up spring almost.

I've heard that as well. We have a client that brings his racing greys into the vet and we have a cage of kittens for adoption out the front. They all do they same thing, frozen in focus and quivering lips, poised for the chase almost. He has a couple that will whine but won't move unless the kitten does. They act like a wound up spring almost.

Our vet has a cage of kitties in front too. Ena was very focused on them but Lucky could care less lol

Rather than using the term 'cat safe' it can be better to describe the dog as ' shown the ability to live in a home with a cat.' Or words to that effect.

Some greyhounds learn to live with a cat and behave respectfully towards it, but fewer will tolerate an unknown cat met outside.