Junk

If you are not an incorporated association you can be sued personally if you make a mistake if you are incorporated the association is liable and you wont loose the house.

Unless of course members of the committee haven't taken due care, or have knowingly acted irresponsibly or illegally.

Incorporating is not a cop out to avoid responsibilities.

Yep sorry I wasnt clear - nothing covers you if you are committing fraud or anything else illegal .

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please tell me I've misinterpreted your Facebook post and Lucky is not being moved again?!

certainly read like it and Ina is at a place where she needs a weatherproof bed - does that mean a kennel or what? And still calling for donations for the vet bills.

Please tell me I've misinterpreted your Facebook post and Lucky is not being moved again?!

certainly read like it and Ina is at a place where she needs a weatherproof bed - does that mean a kennel or what? And still calling for donations for the vet bills.

Yes, Lucky is going on a road trip apparently, so 3 homes in what, the same number of weeks? Awesome.

Assuming Ina has been moved again too? Otherwise why would you be mentioning the rescue only now? Maybe to get more donations?

Did you not think about having enough money to cover emergency situations like this before you started? After all how much would a bed set you back??? Asking for donations for, what are actually quite small, vet bills??

Has either dog been temp tested yet? You know that if they don't pass or you don't get the paperwork you might not be able to rehome them and the people following you will want answers?

All I can say is I'm glad I'm not you right now.

That isn't a huge bill, you can never assume donations will be made so you should always be able to cover them yourself. So does Ina belong to Kay's greys now? Is Kay responsible for her vet bills?

how can Ina belong to Kay's Greys when there has been no paperwork. Of course it may have turned up in yesterdays mail from PR.

I think this whole experience has made me think anyone, anyone, anyone who tells me they are interested in rescue (and there are lots of 'save the doggy people' out there), I will tell either to

A) donate to a reputable, established rescue

B) if they have the facility and inclination, foster for the aforementioned type of rescue

This saga has really demonstrated to someone not involved in rescue how much planning and forethought is required, both from a business admin perspective and for the dog's best interests.

Greylvr - you said you had run a rescue elsewhere for 11 years... surely you knew most of the problems that could arise from that experience, no? So what exactly went so horribly wrong in this case? Surely it couldn't have only been the narky neighbours and their yappy swf that caused the whole thing to unravel the way it has?

T.

I think this whole experience has made me think anyone, anyone, anyone who tells me they are interested in rescue (and there are lots of 'save the doggy people' out there), I will tell either to

A) donate to a reputable, established rescue

B) if they have the facility and inclination, foster for the aforementioned type of rescue

This saga has really demonstrated to someone not involved in rescue how much planning and forethought is required, both from a business admin perspective and for the dog's best interests.

Sadly when someone decides this is what they are going to do they rarely take much notice of things they see as too hard or not necessary but sooner or later people and dogs get hurt when they didnt need to .As you can see any criticism is treated as if its coming from people who are jealous or who are mean and nasty - couldnt possibly be that they care about the dogs and the whole PR and future of private rescue. Soliciting for donations when you dont have an ABN , dont have approvals, dont have a registered business name ,taking dogs into your home when you live in an area with a couple of dog limit, not having policies and procedures to help you to deal with problems as they come up and knowing what criteria you are going to expect from those you have reciprocal agreements with are not that uncommon. The results are pretty obvious and could have been much worse in this case if the neighbour hadn't have gotten onto it straight away and there were more dogs in the mix but sometimes a "rescue" run havoc for a couple of years and there in lies the biggest problem. There are a lot of people who have worked tirelessly for a very long time to show the public they can be trusted to screen dogs for them and to be honourable with their donations- to show governments they are a viable alternative for what happens to dogs in pounds ,that they dont break the law and dont need over regulation which would see them having to operate with more restrictive regulation.

There is much more at stake than a dog or two having to be moved around too much.

I sat in a meeting a couple of years ago re puppy farming with about 18 people who represented the dog world in Australia - one of them was a big wig from the AVA .The very first thing that was addressed was how to determine a definition of a puppy farmer and the AVA wanted private rescue included in that as they felt private rescue was simply a cover for hoarding. Obviously he didnt get his way but its important to know that private rescue has its own enemies in the back ground and several groups with a vested interest in making it harder not easier for private rescue to grow and continue. We have already seen some private rescue being inspected and extremely difficult requirements put on them with 7 truly good people with knowledge and experience that I know of simply giving up. People will stop donating if they cant see that their money will be used as it is intended to be used and they cant tell who is dodgy and who isnt - if a dog goes home and kills the neighbours cat, kills the owners dog or bites their child its rescue in general that gets the flogging not just the group no matter how new or small they are that is responsible.

There are much bigger things at risk than stroking your own ego and mopping up a bleeding heart .Its not like it was 10 years ago and bad news travels fast and long after the public remember the name of the person or group responsible they remember that they cant trust private rescue .

Some charmer commented on the photos of Lucky on their fb "don't let the nutjobs from the Forum see these or they will find fault with them" :rofl:

with friends like that, it kinda explains a lot.

that comment is from a family member I'd say, same surname

Some charmer commented on the photos of Lucky on their fb "don't let the nutjobs from the Forum see these or they will find fault with them" :rofl:

with friends like that, it kinda explains a lot.

that comment is from a family member I'd say, same surname

Ah, explains even more.

Guess they don't like people asking questions... the question about them owning lucky and being able to legally rehome her has been deleted, so I'd take that as a no, they still don't legally own the dogs and don't what people to know if they are deleting such questions from their fb!

Wonder what else they have to hide. deleting simple questions looks dodgy and suspicious.

And blocked me from commenting on their fb... now That's the actions of a group with nothing to hide (not).

Edited by minimax