Junk

Such a great outcome, considering the point of difference of this "rescue", and the reason for starting a new one rather than foster for an existing one, was to have more control over where the dogs go. Rather than having to deal with an existing set of rules and policies.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PR sent us the dogs one from them and one from a guy, they are not involved so much as they sent down the dogs. They had nothing to do with anything else as far as the dogs go and what happened at my house. We were not fostering for them, or anything like that so thats all I am saying regarding PR because this should not fall on their heads and they shouldnt be blamed for any of it

That's how Pound Rounds operate and burn people. Nobody ever fosters for them, they have nothing to do with dogs after they have been moved on to another temporary spot. Yet they trusted you enough to give you two dogs without checking that you could keep them legally. They set themselves up nicely to shuffle out dogs and rake in donations, by using people like yourself. We blame them for the many problems this practice creates. We blame you for not taking advice to work only with reputable groups.

PR sent us the dogs one from them and one from a guy, they are not involved so much as they sent down the dogs. They had nothing to do with anything else as far as the dogs go and what happened at my house. We were not fostering for them, or anything like that so thats all I am saying regarding PR because this should not fall on their heads and they shouldnt be blamed for any of it

Suprise suprise! What happened to the trainer you were working with?

If you are not fostering or rescuing what exactly are you doing? adopting? or are pound rounds happy to send dogs to someone who clearly have no idea and is not able to manage the dogs?

Where is Lucky now? Animal Aid? AWL? dumped upon another rescue? Rehomed within days? or in a kill shelter?

Lucky is with us in a foster home 5 minutes from us. She was never in danger of going to a shelter we had no plans of dumping her.

There are various facebook pages and groups where this drama is unfolding. It seems that there is another person in Vic doing something similar as this person and they are "networking" together. I have not read it all but it appears to me one of the greys went to this person? Not sure about the other

Uh this isnt some other person its a rescue that has been doing it awhile and does a very good job. Why you guys feel the need to bash any rescue that isnt GAP or GSN is beyond me. I suppose if you bash up the smaller guys they may give up and then all the greyhounds can be GAPs and GSN. Dont take out your anger on me on other groups. As a matter of fact why are we even still discussing this? I suppose just leaving the forum all together is the best for me.

I have not previously commented on this thread. I have not passed judgement on the quality of that person's work either, but only assumed they did something similar to what you were planning because they said they did not have kennel and did a rescue-from-home style thing. My bad if that is not what they are doing.

I have not previously commented on this thread. I have not passed judgement on the quality of that person's work either, but only assumed they did something similar to what you were planning because they said they did not have kennel and did a rescue-from-home style thing. My bad if that is not what they are doing.

You did just pass judgment on them without even knowing them. Also is it now required to kennel all dogs? So any group that uses foster homes is bad and irresponsible if they dont have them live in kennels?

You did just pass judgment on them without even knowing them. Also is it now required to kennel all dogs? So any group that uses foster homes is bad and irresponsible if they dont have them live in kennels?

How did I pass judgement? I said nothing about them needing kennels. You were the one who said you were going to keep the dogs inside your home and this person said that is what they do as well. I do not see how I have stated an untruth or passed judgement on any of these things? I merely said that it appeared to me that the two of you were "networking" and I believed the dog may have gone there.

If she didn't, then surely you could have just corrected me?

Edited by BlackJaq

How did I pass judgement? I said nothing about them needing kennels. You were the one who said you were going to keep the dogs inside your home and this person said that is what they do as well. I do not see how I have stated an untruth or passed judgement on any of these things? I merely said that it appeared to me that the two of you were "networking" and I believed the dog may have gone there.

I saw nothing judgemental about your post, all you said was you believed they were networking, as it appears they are.

is it AWL that has a fair few greys as well? There's 3 big ones, right?

Most states have GAP or similar, some states are lucky to also have other, good rescues, operating. GSN in Vic and Friends of the Hounds in NSW have both been around for some years now. Also other, non breed specific, take in and do a good job with greyhounds.

ETA I am sure I have left some groups out that are also doing a greyt job, my apologies for not knowing all the names Aus wide. There is one in WA that I can't recall the name of right now.

Edited by Rebanne

Sorry seemed you thought something was wrong with not having kennels. We did have another rescue step up to take Ina guess its good we didnt send Lucky to GSN or maybe they would be awful for "networking" with us. I guess the recent accident with FOTH makes them horrible too. I swear there is no pleasing some people. Mistakes happen and its how you learn and grow is what matters. No dogs were harmed, no dogs were put down, no dogs got dumped at a shelter so like I said shit happens and we just have to move on

If I were interested in grey rescue as greylvr is then I would probably apply to be a carer for one of these GSN, GAP, Friends of the hounds that Rebanne has mentioned, just so I can get my head around what is involved with the rehab and rehoming of racing greys. Would you be up for something like that? That way it kinda takes the pressure off running your own rescue and during that time you are fostering you can work out what you do and don't like about that rescue and learn the ins and outs and then set up a business/organisation plan that you can implement yourself. That way you've got all the tools, networked with the right people and have a support system.

Sorry seemed you thought something was wrong with not having kennels. We did have another rescue step up to take Ina guess its good we didnt send Lucky to GSN or maybe they would be awful for "networking" with us. I guess the recent accident with FOTH makes them horrible too. I swear there is no pleasing some people. Mistakes happen and its how you learn and grow is what matters. No dogs were harmed, no dogs were put down, no dogs got dumped at a shelter so like I said shit happens and we just have to move on

Oh so you did think about sending Lucky to GSN, changed your tune about them.

Your mistakes could have been avoided if you had bothered to listen to anyone here.

Edited by Rebanne

If I were interested in grey rescue as greylvr is then I would probably apply to be a carer for one of these GSN, GAP, Friends of the hounds that Rebanne has mentioned, just so I can get my head around what is involved with the rehab and rehoming of racing greys. Would you be up for something like that? That way it kinda takes the pressure off running your own rescue and during that time you are fostering you can work out what you do and don't like about that rescue and learn the ins and outs and then set up a business/organisation plan that you can implement yourself. That way you've got all the tools, networked with the right people and have a support system.

This was all suggested MUP, either earlier in this thread or in the other one. When suggested, Greylvr stated she wasn't interested in fostering for another rescue.

it has all been suggested before and ignored.

Does anyone else think it's time to ask Troy to lock this thread so the lessons can be learned by others, but so that it doesn't get any nastier?

*disclaimer - I'm thinking very nasty thoughts and trying not to type them - type and delete... type and delete...

:banghead:

Edited by Katdogs