Affordable Good Quality Dog Collar?

Bobishisname

I'm after a new collar for my boy. He seems to have an odd neck size of 32cm, and a lot of collars I fave found, he is right in between the smaller and medium ones. So it's either only just fits on the last hole or on the first, grrr.

Anyway, I'm thining maybe an adjustable one or a custom made collar would suit him best.

I have seen that ruthless collars have a good reputation on here, unfortunately it's a little out of my budget. I'd be happy to spend up to about $50.

Does anyone have any good recommendations on a good quality adjustable collar or a customer one that would be within this budget? Thanks.

P.S I do have a colour preference of baby blue, but it's not a must ;)

There was a member who posted about some collars that looked like Ruthless Collars but a lot cheaper and she was happy with what she got.. I also think they were from overseas.. so you would have to factor in postage as well.. I think it was Karma Collars..

Also there is K9 Pro - check their website, as they have some really amazing stuff and it is so much cheaper than the shops.

If your dog is still growing, then I would go for a medium collar.. If your dog isn't still growing and it was mine, I would probably spend the bucks and get one custom made to fit - the good leather collars will last the life of the dog.

My old stafford had his leather collar from about 12 months old and was still wearing it the day he passed away at 14.5 years old.. It was so soft..

While it is a US company, the prices are very reasonable, the collars are good quality and you can get made to measure: http://www.countrybrookdesign.com/

They can also be quite adjustable. The large martingale collars for instance will serve a Pyrenean from around 10 to 12 weeks to adult.

Oh yes, and the colours and patterns you can get are great :)

Edited by espinay2

Whatever you get, make sure the buckle ect is really strong. I had a big name plastic buckle snap on me. You won't find good quality leather in blue - it doesn't exist. I'd go for the k9pro pro ones - good quality for a reasonable price.

Okay, so no option for blue, but what about this?

http://www.k9pro.com.au/productimage.php?product_id=351&current_image=1

A lot of people on here (myself included) have one of their leather collars. They're great quality and you can get a matching leash as well. The small size should fit, yea?

Yes, fantastic, good looking, strong, soft collars from k9pro, bought one for Struppie, will get a rounded one soon. Dog goes for a swim with it on, never looks the worse for it. :D

Yes, i got mine from Karmacollars, they are excellent quality, and they will make them to order, i got leather martingales' made up for me.

The smallest flat collar one was $50, the bigger martingale's were $68, they do matching leads and its all guaranteed for life.Beautiful double layered soft leather.

If you go on their FB page you will see my lot in their new collars :D

I know the Ruthless ones aren't in your budget but they really are a lifelong investment. I love mine and it is still in terrific nick many years later.

Seconded. Strong and better quality than cheaper alternatives. You pay more for a collar that will last at least ten years, rather than buying heaps of collars over that period of time.

Are you after a leather collar only?

I really like the k9pro ones- really nice leather, very soft and looks very smart too!

Unfortunately as my dog is a bit of a water dog, its not practical for everyday use, and we only use it on special occasions.

I just use the Rogz dog collars- I've never had a problem with one breaking and they have a lock thingy on them that can lock them shut. I actually thought the buckle was broken until I realised it was only locked. They come in heaps of different colours as well.

I like the rogz collars - I get the ones with reflective stripping in them and the lock - though sometimes I think a break away collar would be safer.

No trouble with their buckles. Even after other dogs have grabbed them.

And they are good at the beach - no rusting and they stretch a bit but stay on. I don't like thinking about what sea water would do to a ruthless collar.

They do fade a bit after a year or two, but that doesn't seem to affect their strength.

The k9Pro leather collars currently have 30% off the normal price & the Christmas sale has been extended until Wednesday 19th December. So jump in quick! They are terrific value at this price & you will have your collar before Christmas.

:laugh: Please note I am not affiliated with the business in any way, shape or form!