Show Us Your Camera Straps

tlc

So a conversation earlier on facebook and a few days ago prompted this thread, I would like to get a camera strap that goes over your shoulder for ease of having the camera hanging one minute and being a ble to shoot the next but without having a camera around my neck, My camera is heavy and with a bad back and neck I think a strap would be awesome, only think is I haven't got a clue which one.

Monet & Divas mum has a double Black Rapid and she said it is awesome. I would prefer just one strap> I am liking

one but am open to suggestions if anyone has any to offer. One of my facebook friends has a take off of a black rapid he got it off ebay and said its great. If anyone has pictures that would be awesome too. :)

Thank, I have been looking at he black rapid range, here is so many. :laugh: it's hard to know which one. I thought there might have been a few more replies in here, maybe a lot of people don't use these?

How big is the pocket in the shoulder pad bit, big enough for car keys and CF card?

I can't wait to get one!

I had a look on ebay, all pretty pricey there. I have ordered an elcheapo from OS so I'll try that out. But I want a decent one then OH can have the cheapy for his 650D

Not sure where else to look for a cheap one. Did you get yours from Black Rapid? I'm assuming the postage would be expensive from the US, I didn't look into that.

I seen a you tube video with the strap attached to the lens, do you find that distributes the weight better. I'd be worried about the lens hanging from the camera but I guess holding the lens in the case of the 2.8 is the same as holding the camera.

I have a blackrapid, just the basic 1. I got it from Amazon, that was the cheapest I could find at the time and plus I had received some amazon vouchers :)

I have a shoulder injury and was really struggling with the neck strap on my camera giving me neck and shoulder pain. The blackrapid worn on the other shoulder is awesome - distributes the weight really well and the camera feels so much lighter so no more neck and shoulder pains when I carry the camera more than 5 mins plus it is so easy when moving around just having it at your side ready to slide up.

Yeah I have the Black rapid double and it splits down to a single. I'd go for the BR Sports... it's brilliant. Unless you get the 20-700mm f2.8 or larger, you won't have a tripod lens mount to worry about with your camera.... it mounts to the base of your camera, and it works with a grip! You can get all sorts of attachments and things for tripods etc etc.... I think it is money well spent as the strap makes your life a bit easier!

I know that I looked at a few to find 1 on Amazon that would ship to Aust. I wonder if it will be on my history there somewhere? Will go and look.....

All I can find is that I ordered, not who it was through, sorry ;(. I paid $52.00 though.

Edited by piper

Thanks anyway, think I will wait till after xmas now as I am keeping every spare cent I can for my new addition (lens) :laugh: Might have to wait till after xmas! Will see what the cheapie is like, then decide. Sounds like Black Rapid is the go!