Another One Bites The Dust

Steve

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought steamboat didn't like bull breeds? Or was it mixed breeds? Or am I confusing them with m-sass now? Multi-accounts are so confusing!

No, it's mixed breeds Steamboat doesn't like (per m-sass). Steamboat has a staffy, jerry lee has a staffy, both write in the same way, particularly the accusing people of a conspiracy thing when someone has simply disagreed with his point of view.

Censorship rules when a clique rules.

This is the clique democratically elected by all full members that you're talking about?

No, this the future clique who kid to you they will do the right thing by the membership & you never hear a sincere thought from them again.

& of course there is the laxidasical syndrome of let someone else do the job that also allows it to happen.

Once in it doesn't take long for them to toe the "us & them" line though.

Like they say, the only person to ever go into parliament house with an honest intention was Guy Fawkes.

I don't think many of the pet owners that are members of affiliated trianing clubs even know that there is an affiliation, or what that means.

Ask the average mum or dad or first time dog owner down at the local club about the ANKC I bet they'd say 'what, who?' . This is what I'd like to see change. If the pure breed dog fraternity want people to take more interest in them, they need more people to know who they are. While the dog world is divided into 'us & them' well that is the way it will stay.

My ideas aren't unique, and they aren't going to be the only way forward, but unless new thinking is at least thought about & discussed, there is no new horizon.

That is true. From my experience at a shelter, the general public see purebred dogs as being out of their league, unaccessible. That's why they go to a pet shop or BYB.

This may have to do with socio-economics, there may indeed be groups of people who see purebred dogs as being out of their league. But, without wanting to sound like a snob, that has nothing to do with why none of the people I know want a pedigree dog. They just don't see the advantages. In fact, if you ask them, they will happily and confidently list the disadvantages of owning a purebred dog. Their 'mutts' cost as much or more than any purebred dog (one of my best friends recently picked up a 'Groodle' for $1200) and they chose that 'breed' because of the reported benefits over a purebred.

Even the vets will tell you that a mutt is healthier than a purebred - it's common opinion across society now.

And until the pedigree dog owners do more to involve the non-pedigree owners in their world and give them a chance to see the benefits of owning a purebred dog, I can't think of any reason the trend will reverse.

The only reason I myself got into purebred dogs was because of my interest in a sport where your dog must have papers to be eligible to win. There you see very quickly how much easier it is to train a dog from lines bred for these purposes than it is to train a mixed breed and so the benefits are apparent. I'm not the sort of person who would spend time watching dogs prance around in circles at the show rings and yet how else these days can you really have any contact with purebred dogs and their owners?

It may have once been the case that people chose to buy a mutt instead of a purebred to save money - an analogy perhaps could be how margarine was initially 'butter' for the poor man. But it has evolved beyond that now, and like margarine (despite the fact that margarine is actually not very good for you at all and being comprised of complete crap), it's now considered the healthy, superior option and commands a price as high as butter if not higher.

My fear is that through the anti-purebred dog programs people will be turned away from that option. Through the anti-byb campaigns, the ethical but not registered breeders will move away from that. And so all that will be left is the crap, unethical people just putting two dogs together to make a buck and finding a quality dog will be just that much harder.

I thought steamboat didn't like bull breeds? Or was it mixed breeds? Or am I confusing them with m-sass now? Multi-accounts are so confusing!

No, it's mixed breeds Steamboat doesn't like (per m-sass). Steamboat has a staffy, jerry lee has a staffy, both write in the same way, particularly the accusing people of a conspiracy thing when someone has simply disagreed with his point of view.

I didn't realise that jerry lee was Steamboat, no point in discussing the matter any further then, a complete waste of time :laugh:

Actually now jerry lee has got his knickers in a bit of a knot the posting style does seems familiar.

I thought that was in the forum rules already :laugh:

If it is it's not well enforced, since Troy knows full well this person keeps being banned and reincarnating themselves immediatly!

All you need is a new IP address which you can get quite easily if you're so inclined.

Censorship rules when a clique rules.

This is the clique democratically elected by all full members that you're talking about?

No, this the future clique who kid to you they will do the right thing by the membership & you never hear a sincere thought from them again.

& of course there is the laxidasical syndrome of let someone else do the job that also allows it to happen.

Once in it doesn't take long for them to toe the "us & them" line though.

Like they say, the only person to ever go into parliament house with an honest intention was Guy Fawkes.

So why do people voting for them? :confused:

If you think that being a CC member is some kind of power trip with endless privilege, think again. I can assure you the reality is nothing of the kind.

I didn't realise that jerry lee was Steamboat, no point in discussing the matter any further then, a complete waste of time :laugh:

Actually now jerry lee has got his knickers in a bit of a knot the posting style does seems familiar.

Picked it a while ago. Look at the overreaction to my saying terriers are too hard. Demands to know why I said it and then when he doesn't get a response, says people have a problem with my posts.

A

Picked it a while ago. Look at the overreaction to my saying terriers are too hard. Demands to know why I said it and then when he doesn't get a response, says people have a problem with my posts.

I missed that, I haven't been on for a while and I'm obviously not as 'DOL wise' as I used to be :o

How do you get a new IP address?? Gosh, I am so not up to date on this technology jizz, or the latest drama on DOL for that matter :rofl:

You can change your internet service provider, though if you're locked into a contract it's a bit of an expensive way to troll people. Using a proxy would do it, too, but the easiest way is to Google the instructions.

Edited by Sheridan