Pet Cremation

Chicken

Ollie dog died 3 weeks after my husband, their ashes are in a cupboard (glass doors) in the lounge room (in separate urns)..

I will keep Ollie here but my husbands ashes are going to be moved to the cemetery as soon as I have the time and funds to do so.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lost my girl in October and it gave me alot of comfort having her cremated as I knew she was coming home. I could not bear the throught of not knowing where she went.

There are heaps of different options for what the ashes come in. Generally the standard package is a box that is designed for burying.

I chose a photo box. It has a slot for a photo and a plaque and the ashes are behind. It just looks like a photo frame.

However we have not put a photo in as my partner is still unable to look at pictures without getting upset :(

Sorry for your loss. It is a very sad time.

Our one year old cat passed away from T-cell lymphoma and we just got his ashes back yesterday. They came back in a lovely (completely sealed, to my annoyance) brown box with a decoration and a nameplate. My mother and sister want nothing to do with the remains, but I keep them by my bed, because Rory used to sleep at the foot of my bed. It's a comfort thing, and everyone is different.

I have had my boy and girl cremated,

Both in beautful boxes with there photos on top,

with plaques engraved.

I have them on top of a cabinet in our living area,

so they are still with us, knowing they are there is a nice feeling, i think of them often, plus every week when i dust, i get to hold them and think of them and the memories we have.

Just my way of dealing with their loss.....

I'm so sorry for your loss :(

I have had both Jaida and now Daegon cremated by the same people and they came back in a velvet pouch. I then put a small amount of their ashes into a teardrop pendant specially designed to hold ashes/fur etc. and I wear both on a chain around my neck.

gosh crying my eyes out here :(

Chicken you could look here

http://www.memorialjewellery.com.au/Pet-Memorial-Jewellery_c_39.html

http://www.whisperintheheart.com/

http://pet-loss.net/products/jewelry.shtml

I have both Sinna and Ryan sitting on a table in the formal dining which is renamed the Rotty Room they both would lay in there on the odd occassion so thought it only fitting that is where they stay and I get to walk past daily and give them a pat and a hello , Both where cremated by Pets at Peace through my Vet .

hope this doesnt upset you or anyone to much

but I have a little shrine set up .

post-2136-0-10328000-1355959044_thumb.jpg

Edited by griff

I too went with "pets in Peace' they were fantastic to deal with very sincere , no pressure, reasonably priced and I chose a small box out of a specific wood type which has sealed section at back for ashes and in front a place to put photo behind glass, also had a little gold plague which they engraved with what I wanted on it. They also gave me a beautiful certificate, a lock of his hair tied in a little blue bow and a paw print under which was a beautiful poem. all these items went into his photo album to complete his life journey of 12 years. The photo frame has been prominently displayed in my treasure cabinet in lounge room no one really notices it other then fact it is a photo of my departed dog, only I know it contains his ashes. I think these items are very important part of grieving process and all dog devotees would totally understand, for non dog people they may thing we are a bit eccentric but who cares.

I had my last dog cremated when she was pts a couple of yrs ago. She was sent there by the vets who passed my information on and they contacted me asking what I wanted. They were really good when I started blubbering on the phone. Poor guy must have had to deal with it every day. Kelly was put in a wooden box which has a plaque on it that has her name engraved. She sits on the mantlepiece with a couple of pictures of her.

We have a collection of wooden boxes with name plaques, all sitting in our crystal cabinet. I also have some of Enya's fur inside of a memorial pendant, in the shape of a dog paw, and with her name engraved on the back. The pendant is designed for ashes, but I couldn't bring myself to play around with her ashes, so I put little clippings of her fur in there instead :)

I have cremated my last 4 dogs. The first one I had put in a lovely wooden box with a plaque on it but it is quite a big box so the other 3 are in cardboard boxes. They currently sit on my bedside cabinet and when I am ready I intend to plant a tree over their ashes. If I am never ready their ashes will be buried with me.

As people may have seen from my thread in rainbow bridge, my Grumpy left me yesterday. I didn't want a ceramic urn. I don't like most of them, finding them a bit kitsch, but my biggest consideration is that I'm a klutz and if I could possibly break something I would. I am getting something custom made for him.

I found a seller on eBay that sells a locket with a paw print on it that I quite like.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/925-Sterling-Silver-Mans-Best-Friend-Paw-Memorabilia-Keepsake-Jewellery-Locket-/261109604700?pt=AU_FineJewellery&hash=item3ccb58615c#ht_5159wt_732

Pets at Peace cremated my beloved Mental (Galah). I chose the photo box option for him as I didn't want a ceramic urn, I wanted something a bit more sturdy. He's currently in our china cabinet, I was tempted to spread his ashes, but I want him with me, he was my special guy and I don't want to part with him :(