Pet Cremation

Chicken

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As people may have seen from my thread in rainbow bridge, my Grumpy left me yesterday. I didn't want a ceramic urn. I don't like most of them, finding them a bit kitsch, but my biggest consideration is that I'm a klutz and if I could possibly break something I would. I am getting something custom made for him.

I found a seller on eBay that sells a locket with a paw print on it that I quite like.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/925-Sterling-Silver-Mans-Best-Friend-Paw-Memorabilia-Keepsake-Jewellery-Locket-/261109604700?pt=AU_FineJewellery&hash=item3ccb58615c#ht_5159wt_732

thank you for that link

So very sorry to read about Grumpy

I have had all three of my dogs who have died in the last 5 years cremated. All 3 reside in specially made wooden carved boxes in my bedroom. I would like a keepsake of them but havent found the right one i am looking for in the right price yet.

Firstly, so sorry for the recent losses of Flur and Grumpy :(

Quite a few years ago I lost my dog to the hands of my ex husband and he burried him on the side of the road of a farm he worked at, I was devistated that he was buried out there all alone in some random place and vowed that from then on none of my guys would ever not come home and leave me so I have had everyone cremated. I have not had the opportunity to choose the vessel but all 4 have come home in a nice ceramic urn. I have had brass plaques made for each and they sit on the side board in the living room.

One of my boys was given to me by a breeder friend and was co-owned so I asked to have him put into two matching urns so she could have one also, they were very happy to do this for me.

It looks like tomorrow I will unfortunately be ordering another big black urn :cry:

We got a cat shaped urn with a plaque on it, it says "{pet's name} - leaving paw prints on our hearts". When they picked up our cat after he died we got several brochures with the different urns we could choose as well as different plaques, or we could customise one if we wanted. They also cut a lock of his hair, got his paw prints and they gave us a certificate of cremation. It took about a week to get it back and it cost us about $400, but they were great.

The urn is very decorative and it's on display on a shelf.

Could you post a link, please Fuzzy82? I've used Pets At Peace mostly and their range is quite limited.

http://www.talkingstones.com.au/pet-memorials/?gclid=CNSrg-qrsLQCFYRapQodrB4AWQ

http://www.pearlymates.com.au/?gclid=CMm02YyssLQCFQFKpgodTXoARw (Victorian company)

http://www.petcremationurns.com.au/ (Another victorian based)

http://www.petrest.com.au/products/vessels (NSW company with several alternative types of urns especially garden ornaments)

Hope this helps anyone who may need to select something extra special for their pet.

I am so sorry for your loss chicken and Sheridan. I lost my beautiful Bella on Saturday. Hubby and I drove her to the cremation offices yesterday from where she would be taken to the actual crematorium. I believe she was cremated last night. We have ordered a wooden box with her name and years on a brass plaque. They will put her ashes in a velvet bag inside the box where we will also place her collar and a photo. The box will not be sealed. We have not decided where to put the box when we get it back, it will probably be in a non-obvious place initially as hubby can't face it yet. He cannot talk about her or look at her photos yet but I get some comfort looking at and talking to her photos.

My heart goes out to all of you as only now do I realise exactly what you have all gone through.

eta, the good thing about having her ashes in a bag within the box is that if in future I find a vessel I like more, I can move her over.

Edited by White Shepherd mom

So sorry to hear about your sad losses.

Previously we've had our animals buried here on the farm. When we lost our boy Cash in September we decided to have him cremated with Pets at Peace (who were wonderful) so we could take him with us if we ever move. We are planning to scatter some ashes, but at the moment his ashes are in a wooden box with a plaque and a space for a photo on top. We aren't ready to scatter any ashes, nor have we put a photo on there yet.

I do some work for Pets at Peace Central West, here's a link to our page and if you look in the products section it shows the range of urns/boxes and other options we have. I guess if people haven't had a pet cremated before it doesn't hurt to have a look at all these things people are posting now as when the time comes and you do lose your pet you may remember something you had seen and liked without it being quite so stressful.

http://www.petsatpeacecw.com/

We put the pets ashes into a plastic zip lock bag before putting them into any of our urns or boxes because we understand how devestating it would be if you were to accidently break them. If people request the urn or box not be sealed we leave it open for them but even when we do seal them we make sure that it is possible without too much hassle for them to be opened.

So sorry to hear of everyone's losses at this time of year.

So sorry for everyones losses, we lost a girl last christmas too, what a crap time for it to happen....

My heart dog is in a wooden box with a plaque and he sleeps right next to my head on the bedside table, where is belongs. He will alway be there.

My other animals are also in wooden boxes in my office.

When I die, all the boxes will be opened and the contents placed inside the coffin with me. I am going to be very heavy....

Edited by Tazar