Javenfield Ardee

Sheridan

To most people, he was Ardee.

To me, he was Ardee Beau, Monkey, Silly Creature, Big Bad Creature Man, and many other nicknames that he always answered to.

But to DOLers, he was Grumpy.

My Grumpy man left me and Princess Mini today. He liked chicken and duck, alive or dead, and he liked his walks and his cuddles. He tolerated the little blue girl as long as she didn't get in the way of his food and his toys.

Above all, he loved me. He was a Mummy's boy.

Grumpy put up with my singing to him, even though he didn't think I was any good and he was right, I'm not, but he was kind enough not to complain.

I'll let the Clancy Brothers and Tommy Makem sing Ardee's theme song instead.

Edited by Sheridan

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So sorry for your loss Sheridan, I also have followed Grumpy's story. It is really hard when they get old and you know the inevitable will come, but we make the most of our time. RIP Grumpy you are now free to run and have fun at the bridge. :rainbowbridge:

Oh, Sheridan, I am so sorry. Grumpy was a poster boy for the oldies and you helped lots of us with your old dog advice, the positive way you treated him, and the funny stories.

Sleep well Grumpy, you were well and truly loved and you will be missed. Hugs to you Sheridan, you did your very best.