Ellie - German Shep Cross - Lived On A Rope Before

Not sure how many people will remember "Ellie" the German Shepherd cross, originally a rescue dog who ended up living on a rope for a year?

Towards the end of 2011 I discovered her plight - the original rescue group didn't take her back -and I eventually found her a foster home with a view to adopt through a PAWS enquiry. Her foster carers fell in love with her and kept her.

She is very loved and they just sent me this photo with something she got for Christmas - a "mini me" like toy!

K9Angel was a wonderful support to me and Ellie and visited her regularly to give her some love and walks until we found somewhere for her to go as I could only make at weekends. Tdierx kindly took her to the vet one day and other members sent her toys and treats, she basically was living a very sad life indeed with little or no attention and had never been walked in the years this family owned her. She was large and strong on the lead but that was no excuse quite honestly.

Also remembering the wonderful "Juice" who brought her wonderful Bull terrier "Bon" over for me to introduce to Ellie and see how she was with other dogs!

Normally I post little or nothing on the large dogs I assist but Ellie was different and DOL members helped improve her life considerably, until we found her a suitable spot. :thumbsup:

post-4751-0-96814700-1356153465_thumb.jpg

Edited by dogmad

I remember Ellie, and I remember how hard you worked to improve things for her. Well done to you and your helpers. Ellie is clearly happy and safe in her new home. What a lovely example she is of the fact that rescue groups know so well; that no matter how hard dogs have had it in their previous lives, it doesn't take long for them to settle safely and happily into new homes, given a little bit of help.

My gosh, doesn't she look beautiful, happy and healthy.

I remember Ellie & specially how her foster-carers fell in love.

Just shows what a bunch of good people can achieve when a dog needs big help. Onya, dogmad, and the others who pitched in. :thumbsup:

OMG Look at her. She looks a million dollars! and that smile of hers in that pic is priceless. She looks so happy and healthy. :thumbsup:

I just showed Jack the photo and he remembers her too. :)

Thankyou for the update Dogmad, I often wonder about her and how she's doing. :thanks: