Question About Dogs Surrendered To Rspca And Microchip Details

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont understand why this has all fallen on a rescue does the breeder not want to know what happened to the dogs?

I can understand the breeder wanting avoid the wrath of some within the rspca, she might have managed to get the dogs but she would be a target after that forever.

Oh but what can the RSPCA do to a registered breeder who isnt breaking laws? Just glad the dogs are safe.

I dont understand why this has all fallen on a rescue does the breeder not want to know what happened to the dogs?

I can understand the breeder wanting avoid the wrath of some within the rspca, she might have managed to get the dogs but she would be a target after that forever.

Oh but what can the RSPCA do to a registered breeder who isnt breaking laws? Just glad the dogs are safe.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

8 days since this thread started. Are the dogs still needing rescue/adoption. Hard to believe a solution can't have been found in this time. :confused::confused:

OP has already said the rspca have told them the dogs have been adopted.

Thank you. I missed that.

You weren't the only one.

Umm, does that mean that I have to go back over the entire 6 pages and find some small print?

Too late, according to the RSPCA bth dogs have been adopted. I am suspicious because they were there with no interest for so long, so I am wondering if they were PTS :(

What has happened with the RSPCA that makes everyone so...distrustful? Sorry for my ignorance here.

I've had a look at the Dog and Cat Management Act. The effect is that the owner is assumed to be the person in whose name the dog is registered. I'd say that a microchip registration is as effective as a council registration for these purposes. I really can't see that the RSPCA has grounds for asserting they could ignore the chip.

It is doubly disturbing now that the RSPCA is stating that the dogs have been adopted knowing that the breeders have been trying to get them back and that they were deficient in not scanning/or scanning but not contacting owners in the first place. This just doesn't feel right.

I can't see that there are any rights to submit a FOI request. The laws apply mainly to government bodies, councils, universities, hospitals etc. This is from only a cursory glance. If someone has a better idea of FOI laws happy to hear it.

The only other way to obtain information is if legal proceedings are initiated and requests for documents are made as part of the "discovery" process.

I haven't really thought it through yet, but just off the cuff, it might be possible to make out a case that the adoptions are void/voidable because RSPCA didn't have the legal entitlement to sell the dogs. I don't think anyone would have the apetite to launch proceedings, but this at least might be the basis of a letter to RSPCA demanding that they account for the dogs...in effect, trying to force more information.

I guess it depends on how important this is to everyone. If the breeders/owners are no longer interested then no-one will get very far.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

umm yep

I wouldn't bother with a FOI request. This is a lesson for breeders not to give dogs to "third parties" and expect to keep legal ownership of them. If the dogs were only leased then draw up some paperwork to make it legal, and don't expect the microchip registry to protect you.