Look What They Have Done To Our Dogs.

Sandy46

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greylvr, if you saw so many poor examples of BB, why did you still choose to get one?

Because I did research and went to a good breeder guess not good enough.

in my breed you could easily wait 2 years or more to get a pup. There are very few people out there who want one. And even fewer that are suitable. So it certainly doesn't make breeding more very attractive. I had a school principal try and tell me that greyhounds were non shedding, she had read it on the net so it must be true. Didn't want to believe me when I told her that was not true, in fact she outright didn't believe me and challenged me on it. She was a high school principle, she knew much better then me, that was her whole attitude. Didn't want to listen to me at all. No hope of educating her.

I find lots of people want greyhounds, greyhound rescue NSW homed 80 this year

FOTH placed like 125 dogs last year

There seems to be a demand for greyhounds and no trouble finding people who want to take one in.

OT but I hate the don't buy adopt thing. Rescue dogs have price tags, and breeders dogs are just as unlikely to return any profit. Why is buying from a breeder not adopting??

Because adopting a dog from a shelter or rescue is saving its life when other people have turned their backs, their breeders arnt there for them, the owners dont give a rats they face death. Dogs from breeders wont face death or at least shouldn't ever face death just because it doesnt get bought.

I struggle with you saying you went to a good breeder when the breeder didn't do anything to help you when you had problems with the dog?

Re greyhounds, many people either don't want a puppy greyhound, or aren't willing to pay for a puppy greyhound when there are so many greyhounds advertised as FTGH.

Edited by rebelsquest

ohhh my dear lord, peta has brain washed more people than I thought, with their buy from a breeder, kill a shelter dog bullcrap

I didn't say that AND I hate PETA I said that people see a shelter dog and if it is not adopted it will die and breeders dogs are safe and shouldn't be in danger of dying if it doesn't find a home. Thats why I think some choose to adopt also you can find purebred dogs in rescue/shelter for a fraction of the cost with all medical done.

The game is already lost, numerically the number of registered breeders is too small and from that there aren't enough taking it seriously. The canine councils of each state have not been proactive enough to counteract the bad publicity so now it's become folk law.

Oh Reverend,you preach against hope. :cry:

Edited by moosmum

in my breed you could easily wait 2 years or more to get a pup. There are very few people out there who want one. And even fewer that are suitable. So it certainly doesn't make breeding more very attractive. I had a school principal try and tell me that greyhounds were non shedding, she had read it on the net so it must be true. Didn't want to believe me when I told her that was not true, in fact she outright didn't believe me and challenged me on it. She was a high school principle, she knew much better then me, that was her whole attitude. Didn't want to listen to me at all. No hope of educating her.

There seems to be a demand for greyhounds and no trouble finding people who want to take one in.

really, I was talking about pups not older ex racing greyhounds. GSN and GAP Vic also homed plenty of dogs. It is very hard to get a racebred pup that doesn't have something wrong with it or was from an oops litter unless you are preapred to pay a good price.

The game is already lost, numerically the number of registered breeders is too small and from that there aren't enough taking it seriously. The canine councils of each state have not been proactive enough to counteract the bad publicity so now it's become folk law.

Oh Reverend,you preach against hope. :cry:

It kills me but it is reality, you just have to look at this thread and some of the strange things posted, imagine what people are aren't dog savvy think :( It will take a miracle to turn the tide now.

Greylvr, if you saw so many poor examples of BB, why did you still choose to get one?

Because I did research and went to a good breeder guess not good enough.

OT but I hate the don't buy adopt thing. Rescue dogs have price tags, and breeders dogs are just as unlikely to return any profit. Why is buying from a breeder not adopting??

Because adopting a dog from a shelter or rescue is saving its life when other people have turned their backs, their breeders arnt there for them, the owners dont give a rats they face death. Dogs from breeders wont face death or at least shouldn't ever face death just because it doesnt get bought.

I struggle with you saying you went to a good breeder when the breeder didn't do anything to help you when you had problems with the dog?

Re greyhounds, many people either don't want a puppy greyhound, or aren't willing to pay for a puppy greyhound when there are so many advertised as FTGH.

Well she was highly recommended, had top show dogs and yeah she turned out not to be so good but came highly recommended.

I can see your point about the greys though

ohhh my dear lord, peta has brain washed more people than I thought, with their buy from a breeder, kill a shelter dog bullcrap

I didn't say that AND I hate PETA I said that people see a shelter dog and if it is not adopted it will die and breeders dogs are safe and shouldn't be in danger of dying if it doesn't find a home. Thats why I think some choose to adopt also you can find purebred dogs in rescue/shelter for a fraction of the cost with all medical done.

You may hate them but you have bought into their blame game.

As to purebred dogs in shelters, you are also buying into the viewpoint that any dog will do. Please guess how many of my breeds I have come across in shelters. Go on. Guess.

May I interject here and state categorically that not all people in rescue share the same views as the vocal minority?

Greylvr - may I suggest that given the fact that you are posting on a PUREBREED dog forum, that maybe you could tone down the emotive AR sounding rhetoric... or at least save it for the Rescue forums where the rules are a little more relaxed due to the nature of all things rescue...

T.

As to purebred dogs in shelters, you are also buying into the viewpoint that any dog will do. Please guess how many of my breeds I have come across in shelters. Go on. Guess.

How have I bought into their game? I simply stated why I think some people adopt rather than buy from breeders.

People are free to get their dogs from anywhere they please, if you have a love for a breed that dont hit shelters often or you would rather have one with papers then go to a breeder makes sense to me but most people just want a pet and a shelter dog is what they want.

May I interject here and state categorically that not all people in rescue share the same views as the vocal minority?

Greylvr - may I suggest that given the fact that you are posting on a PUREBREED dog forum, that maybe you could tone down the emotive AR sounding rhetoric... or at least save it for the Rescue forums where the rules are a little more relaxed due to the nature of all things rescue...

T.

I have no clue what you are even talking about all because I shared a view on why some people will adopt rather than buy?

Plenty of greyhounds in pounds but I'd never bring one home. Not with the cat.

Yup that makes sense and I dont blame you at all everyone has different needs.

How have I bought into their game? I simply stated why I think some people adopt rather than buy from breeders.

People are free to get their dogs from anywhere they please, if you have a love for a breed that dont hit shelters often or you would rather have one with papers then go to a breeder makes sense to me but most people just want a pet and a shelter dog is what they want.

Most?

If most people wanted a shelter dog there wouldn't be any dogs in shelters.

Most?

Sorry most people just want a pet. Not most people want a shelter pet

Most?

Why do you think that pedigree dogs are not pets?

Most?

Oh god yes they are pets too. I know some people prefer pedigrees to be pets.

My pedigree dogs are my pets first and foremost. I like knowing what I am getting.

Yup I understand your point of view and know other have the same, many have the same. I was just trying to offer a reason of why some people get shelter pets.