Maremmas In Show.

Tralee

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what's your point ?

If you can't see the point when you look at those dogs then why are you in here?

Do you have Maremmas, yourself ?

Wow...if this is an abassador for the breed then this breed is in trouble

what's your point ?

If you can't see the point when you look at those dogs then why are you in here?

Wow...if this is an abassador for the breed then this breed is in trouble

Far to true unfortunatly

what's your point ?

I have Maremmas & I'm struggling to see your point - what, they should be bigger? more coat? cos that's all I see from the pics - nobody here has the chance to put hands on or observe these dogs :confused:

what's your point ?

I have Maremmas & I'm struggling to see your point - what, they should be bigger? more coat? cos that's all I see from the pics - nobody here has the chance to put hands on or observe these dogs :confused:

Well, I see a lot more than that.

Bigger yes, but also almond shaped eyes, excellent feathering on the legs and tail, smaller ears, absence of a snippy head, elimination of an undulating lip, and more.

My point is very well reinforced by what the Italians are producing and have been producing for over a decade.

"We have not kept pace with the Italians who are producing dogs that are, far and beyond, superior to our dogs. They win BIS at internationals for crissakes. On their day athey are the best dogs in the world."

what's your point ?

Well, I see a lot more than that.

Bigger yes, but also almond shaped eyes, excellent feathering on the legs and tail, smaller ears, absence of a snippy head, elimination of an undulating lip, and more.

My point is very well reinforced by what the Italians are producing and have been producing for over a decade.

"We have not kept pace with the Italians who are producing dogs that are, far and beyond, superior to our dogs. They win BIS at internationals for crissakes. On their day athey are the best dogs in the world."

Best in the world at what? Turning up at a dog show? Superior, how exactly - do they work better than our dogs do?

I (excuse the expression) don't give a fast one what you think the "Internationals" are doing & where they might be doing it (whatever "it" may be??) - I care that we have breeders, here in Australia, that are doing the very best they can to produce a sound, hardy working dog that truly represents the standard & is capable of doing what the breed originally, ought to do.