Buying Vaccines Online

mixeduppup

I'm looking at a cheaper way to vaccinate my dogs as my vet charges a lot for a vaccine and I want a more economical way. Someone suggested buying them online. Does anyone know where I can get them online and what price I would be looking at? I'm currently paying $82 per vaccination for my dogs.

I don't think you can purchase live vaccines online. Parvac is readily available, as it's a "killed" vaccine, but I don't think you can get the normal C3, etc - would love to be corrected if I'm wrong though!

That is correct here in Australia.

Yep only Parvo & that prices is plain crazy although one of the cheaper ones.

When our clients come for boarding we nearly die seeing what some are charged for vaccs ,plain highway robbery .

Our vet charges a pittance & does home calls & still makes a decent profit which i don't object too

A physical exam is more than just a TPR - it's looking for things that the majority of nurses would not be able to pick up. Murmurs, lumps, lamenesses etc.

I am a (newly graduated) vet and will be getting one of my colleagues to look at my dogs at least once a year because they are likely to pick up things that have come up gradually (a friend picked up a lump I hadn't noticed already!) so I think having an independent physical is very very important.

Not only that but vaccine consults don't usually charge for the consultation so you're actually saving the consult fee.

I say shop around but don't do it yourself.

You can only buy killed vaccines so no C5 only parvac.

Just be sure at the cheaper places you are getting the whole vaccine vial and it is not being split between multiple dogs which is a favorite activity by a few vets.

Some will also give discount if you bring multiple dogs in at once.

You can only buy killed vaccines so no C5 only parvac.

Just be sure at the cheaper places you are getting the whole vaccine vial and it is not being split between multiple dogs which is a favorite activity by a few vets.

Some will also give discount if you bring multiple dogs in at once.

Have you ever seen a Vet do this? I haven't in all my years in dogs and the Vet industry. I have heard people suggesting that it was happening when Vets were using Parvac 10ml multidose.

Not only that but vaccine consults don't usually charge for the consultation so you're actually saving the consult fee.

Not any more around here. There are a few vets I have visited recently for vaccinations.. All charged a consult fee of $65 plus vaccine (normal rate, not weekend or anything). Have not walked out for anything under $110 lately for a C5 Vaccination. The "physical" has in once instance, been fairly lacking.. in that all they did was listen to heart/lungs.

But definitely shop around.

Not any more around here. There are a few vets I have visited recently for vaccinations.. All charged a consult fee of $65 plus vaccine (normal rate, not weekend or anything). Have not walked out for anything under $110 lately for a C5 Vaccination. The "physical" has in once instance, been fairly lacking.. in that all they did was listen to heart/lungs.

But definitely shop around.

I agree with Mystiqview. In the many years I've owned dogs I've never had a vet not charge their usual consult fee as well as the vaccination costs. My vets normal consult fee is $69.

As I said my dogs are regulars at the vet anyway and vets have a tendency to do a check up when really they're just saying "hi" :)

:D

plus I don't vaccinate every year

am I missing something ?

but why dont you vaccinate every year? especially if your working in a vet environment and fostering dogs, visiting farms etc....also if you dont do it every year then wouldnt the cost be minimal anyway?

As I said my dogs are regulars at the vet anyway and vets have a tendency to do a check up when really they're just saying "hi" :)

am I missing something ?

but why dont you vaccinate every year? especially if your working in a vet environment and fostering dogs, visiting farms etc....also if you dont do it every year then wouldnt the cost be minimal anyway?

I work in a Vet environment and with pound/rescue animals and I don't Vaccinate my own dogs annually, I give puppy vaccinations and the 15mo booster, titre test then no vaccinations. There is no need to vaccinate annually, even the AVA and the largest Vets schools in the USA have agreed with this.

am I missing something ?

once you pass the overvaccinating line like my friends cat, it cost her 7,000 over 3 years and 3 boosters before even her own vet wondered if the the vaccinations were the problem???

stopped the yearly boosters and he lived to 21.

although she was still paying her credit card off for the next 18 months. No offer of a refund considering it turned out the vets yearly vaccination reminders did all the damage?