Come See Our Group Project 2013!

kja

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember as you're editing that images need to be 1 size or the site is going to look like a hot mess, imho.

900 pixels long edge and all three in one post. Feel free to add text to your posts. I'll probably add maybe what I used, what I was going for, a title per image, that kind of thing.

Yup, they are your three images to create as you wish. I'd expect some themes will be sets and some will be wildly different individual images.

There aren't really any rules for images bar the size (900 pixels long side), sticking to the theme, shooting them during the alloted time frame and posting on the right day :D Content is up to you!

I have an idea, took me a while, and I've tried it out, which was necessary due to the fact that I often get great ideas that are basically un-executable, just need to make the final image a little more interesting (here's hoping) and the other 2 related images have been shot so I'm going good :D

I was initially worried with this first theme being so needing of creativity and open to interpretation, but was just thinking how relaxed the timing has been :)

How is everyone going with their photos for this challenge?

I'm struggling... I was actually going to step down in case someone else wanted my spot because I feel like my effort won't be good enough :( I have completed other weekly challenges but this first topic is up there on the difficult scale.

First theme is A Bit Of Magic. You'll be able to find the theme here and on the blog - I'll post the new one on the day before the new challenge starts.

Please do not step down!! No one is being judged and it's not about comparing ourselves to each other, but getting out there and trying something new. I fully expect that some of the things I'm going to try throughout the year will tank in a spectacular way - and I may still use those "fails" in my fortnightly posts with a note about what I was thinking. Think "outtakes" and "bloopers"!

I agree, this is quite a toughie to begin with but we'll all find some sort of magic in our day or be able to create something that says "magic".

And if we can get through this one, think how well we'll do with the others this year :D

Maybe we can brainstorm ideas here? Will that help?

Edited by kja

mag·ic

/ˈmajik/

Noun

The power of apparently influencing the course of events by using mysterious or supernatural forces.

Adjective

Used in magic or working by magic; having or apparently having supernatural powers: "a magic wand".

Synonyms

noun. sorcery - enchantment - witchcraft - spell - witchery

adjective. magical - enchanting

OK so does that help?

I'm shooting a thing that for me is somewhat magical - to you it might be extraordinarily mundane, we'll see. It's not literally magic though. Just thought that line of thought might be of use :)

I think part of the fun will be seeing all the different interpretations of a theme. Nothing will be wrong, it's art right? :D