9 - Meagan (MnDM - Monet n Diva's Mum)

10 - Lorrella (Cougar)

11 - Judi (PossumCorner) (Sherbrooke)\

12 - Samantha (SammieS)

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This popped up in my emails (I subscribe to DPS) and thought it might be handy given this fortnight's theme. :)

http://digital-photography-school.com/forum/tutorials/212470-introduction-bird-photography.html#post1573175

Thanks Snook :thumbsup:

Also reminded me of this site I came across a few months back :)

Bird photography tutorials - http://mikeatkinson.net/tutorials.htm

My backyard is always full of birds and I had an idea I was excited about.

Since this theme announced? None.

F**king birds.

:rofl: Hop on a plane a come to Penguin Island with us on Thursday :D

OK, I see we have 12 participants but I only count 10 posts for theme 2? I think SammieS had to skip it because of all sorts of unexpected things but who else is missing?!

I think Judi is still to pop her theme 2 ones up?

BIrd life is distinctly lacking around here too.

I was at friend's on the weekend and was all excited about a rainbow lorikeet on a gum tree branch over hanging her fence. Of course it was in a terrible position and really outside the reach of the lens I had on at that moment in time :(

Snook, I think the whole point is to interperate the themes as you see fit - I was fully expecting to see some pics of non-birds in the blog ;) :)

It's not like you'll be kicked out for breaking any rules :laugh: I'm just going with actual birds as I have no imagination for other ideas :o

Go both ways Snook - use one of your original ideas (slide it in, see if we notice :D ) and do 2 other bird shots maybe? At least you have more use for your props- and I imagine there'll be another theme later on that would allow you to use them anyway.

Off to Penguin Island tomorrow - if I don't get some usable shots then my camera should be taken away from me :laugh:

Bird watching

Penguin Island is a birdwatchers paradise! Species you are likely to sight include cormorants, darters, terns, fairy terns, noddies, silver gulls, oystercatchers, ruddy turnstones, bar tailed godwit (all the way from Siberia!), Arctic Skua, Little Eagles, Ospreys and Sea Eagles. The Islands are also breeding and nesting sites for colonies of Australian Pelicans.

They were so cute those little penguins :D You can really see the blue coloration in that photo.

It was a great day on the island with sea lions, skinks and about a squillion birds! I took over 800 shots, but have culled nearly 500 at the first look through - lots of out of focus flying birds :laugh: