Come See Our Group Project 2013!

kja

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, how about we extend a couple of days? Seems everyone's end of March has been a bit insane?

NEW end inclusive shoot date: 3 April

NEW post date: 4 April

good job to those who were able to meet the initial deadline!! I have no idea where the past two weeks have gone here - everything is just out of control LOL

Edited by kja

Oh i missed the extension, boo :( That'll teach me not to check in here first. I felt like a naughty kid who hadn't done their homework by posting a day late! Super shots so far everyone, must get around to commenting, been way too slack on that front.

I should abdicate organizing things coz I can't remember whose turn it is to choose LOL

If you have NOT chosen a theme yet - email me at [email protected] and let me know. I will let one person know by the end of today and we'll have a new theme tomorrow. Please ONLY email me - somehow my life is out of control again and sometimes I don't check here and even if I do, having things in my email box will give them a better chance of getting done!

And I hope to get mine up today tho so far it's 0838 and I've fallen seriously behind...again <sigh>

I should abdicate organizing things coz I can't remember whose turn it is to choose LOL

If you have NOT chosen a theme yet - email me at [email protected] and let me know. I will let one person know by the end of today and we'll have a new theme tomorrow. Please ONLY email me - somehow my life is out of control again and sometimes I don't check here and even if I do, having things in my email box will give them a better chance of getting done!

And I hope to get mine up today tho so far it's 0838 and I've fallen seriously behind...again <sigh>

kja maybe we should post up a list of the 'order' and then people will know who is next - saves you some mucking around. And I think the post announcing the upcoming theme could be done by the person who chooses it both here and on the blog :)

Not that I don't think your doing a great job but then it could put the responsibility on everyone.

hmmm, no one emailed me so I have to think we've gone through the list except for me? Are we that far into the year?? If I don't hear from anyone by tomorrow morning, my time, I'll choose something as it must be my turn!

OK, I didn't get any emails overnight either so here's the new theme - and don't worry, I hate it, too :D :D

Stranger expression - we have to capture something that shows emotion (not just a random snap) on the face of a stranger. We can't know this person and we can't set it up. Happy, sad, pensive, intrigued, confused, meditative, relaxed, joyous, angry, exasperated...anything other than just breathing :D

Shooting dates: 06 April, 2013 - 19 April, 2013 inclusive

Post date: 20 April, 2013

Woohoo! this one for me is a massive challenge.

I also have finally made a list of everyone and gotten organized on who has done one etc so there will be no more delays or struggle for me to get info to the next person in line. Only took me three months LOL

Yikes - just noticed I must have clicked "done" but not publish when I scheduled my sport. Sigh, oh well, it's up now. And so is the announcement for the new theme - have fun!

Edited by kja

OK, I've just been through the blog trying to be more organized and we're kinda dropping the ball on participating:

Theme 1 - 10

Theme 2 - 10

Theme 3 - 11

Theme 4 - 9

Theme 5 - 9

Theme 6 - 8

Let's try to have all eleven of us make it for theme 7 and beyond :D

ah bugger!

I didn't get a chance to email you kja 'cause I was working, and then generally procrastinating, then got home from work to find my computer had refused to turn on, kept trying everything, and gave up Friday and just bought a new "tower" ... then tried just for the hell of it this morning, still nothing, then off to dog training, got back just now & tried again and it decided to turn on *major expletive* with *resigned joy* ... it's great it's working but so frustrating that I got a new one coming and this one has turned unreliable.

anyway, happy to go with the theme (hmm happy is not the word, I'm not confident but will obviously try something) but I guess that means I get to choose next fortnight?

I like the list idea!

Although that theme list you've just done kja suggests that there are/were between 8-11 of us, you've chosen theme 7, me 8, potentially 3 others still haven't chosen themes?

and speaking of the current theme, anyone have a lens length suggestion, I'm guessing 30mm wouldn't be useful, but would 200mm be too "paparazzi"?, and I guess it would also depend on the following question: should we approach the person before and/or after that we photograph, except for crowd shots I've not specifically taken any photo of anyone I don't know?

I'm not sure what lens I will choose - depends on where I decide to shoot. I'm guessing at least one of mine, if all goes according to the plan I came up with in the shower this morning, will be with my 17-55 so not terribly long. But I also want to use something over 100, maybe even my 200 or longer.

I won't be approaching anyone before or after, most likely.

Yup, looks like these people haven't chosen so will be coming up in the next issues so start thinking :):

Sam

Tayla

Kristen

Samantha

:)

OK, I didn't get any emails overnight either so here's the new theme - and don't worry, I hate it, too :D :D

Stranger expression - we have to capture something that shows emotion (not just a random snap) on the face of a stranger. We can't know this person and we can't set it up. Happy, sad, pensive, intrigued, confused, meditative, relaxed, joyous, angry, exasperated...anything other than just breathing :D

Shooting dates: 06 April, 2013 - 19 April, 2013 inclusive

Post date: 20 April, 2013

Woohoo! this one for me is a massive challenge.

I also have finally made a list of everyone and gotten organized on who has done one etc so there will be no more delays or struggle for me to get info to the next person in line. Only took me three months LOL

Yikes - just noticed I must have clicked "done" but not publish when I scheduled my sport. Sigh, oh well, it's up now. And so is the announcement for the new theme - have fun!

Only found the message just now, I haven't chosen either. Never mind - still plenty of time.

And OMG, no idea how I will do this 1! LOL

So would that discount performers? I don't know them, and I haven't set it up but it's not just a random person out in randomsville. What do we think?

For example I went to a concert today and there were dancers interacting with the kiddie crowd (yeah kid's concert - but awesome!). The man had a fantastic expressive face, so I grabbed a couple of shots just in case i could include them.

And yeah - scary but interesting theme choice....

The only brief is: strangers, expression :) Up to our own interpretaions from there!

I have to say I totally blew off what I was planning to do for this the other day, d'oh!! Didn't even think of it 'til I got home and it was far too late then. Back to the drawing board for idea #2 LOL