Random Person Taking The Dogs Photo

Staffyluv

For the NSW dog folk who do not know where they can't take their dogs. The two I see being broken most where I live is the playgrounds and the school grounds

14 Dogs prohibited in some public places

(1) Dogs are prohibited in the following places (whether or not they are leashed or otherwise controlled):

(a) Children’s play areas (meaning any public place, or part of a public place, that is within 10 metres of any playing apparatus provided in that public place or part for the use of children).

(b) Food preparation/consumption areas (meaning any public place, or part of a public place, that is within 10 metres of any apparatus provided in that public place or part for the preparation of food for human consumption or for the consumption of food by humans).

© Recreation areas where dogs are prohibited (meaning any public place, or part of a public place, provided or set apart by a local authority for public recreation or the playing of organised games and in which the local authority has ordered that dogs are prohibited and in which, or near the boundaries of which, there are conspicuously exhibited by the local authority at reasonable intervals notices to the effect that dogs are prohibited in or on that public place or part).

(d) Public bathing areas where dogs are prohibited (meaning any public place or any part of a public place that is used for or in conjunction with public bathing or public recreation (including a beach), in which the local authority has ordered that dogs are prohibited and in which, or near the boundaries of which, there are conspicuously exhibited by the local authority at reasonable intervals notices to the effect that dogs are prohibited in or on that public place).

(e) School grounds (meaning any property occupied or used for a purpose connected with the conduct of a government school or non- government school under the Education Act 1990, other than any property used for a residence or the curtilage of a residence).

(f) Child care centres (meaning any property occupied or used for a purpose connected with the conduct of an approved education and care service within the meaning of the Children (Education and Care Services) National Law (NSW) or the Children (Education and Care Services) Supplementary Provisions Act 2011, other than any property used for a residence or the curtilage of a residence).

(g) Shopping areas where dogs are prohibited (meaning a shopping arcade or shopping complex, including any part of it that is used by the public for parking or access to shops, in which or part of which the local authority has ordered that dogs are prohibited and in which, or near the boundaries of which, there are conspicuously exhibited by the local authority at reasonable intervals notices to the effect that dogs are prohibited there). This paragraph does not apply to any shop or part of a shop.

(h) Wildlife protection areas (meaning any public place or any part of a public place set apart by the local authority for the protection of wildlife and in which the local authority has ordered that dogs are prohibited for the purposes of the protection of wildlife and in which, or near the boundaries of which, there are conspicuously exhibited by the local authority at reasonable intervals notices to the effect that dogs are prohibited in or on that public place).

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that Pav..

The sign next to the gate of the park where I take Zig, just says that dogs must be leashed..

I am guessing from what you have posted that we can't take them into the playground area at all.

Not saying it is right but I see heaps of people in there with their kids and their dogs (on and off leash)..

Maybe our council need to redo the signs as it is a bit misleading and although ignorance is no excuse, I would dare say a lot of people would just go by the sign posted at the gate.

Little heads up on privacy law.

It doesn't apply to dogs. Period.

A photo in a public place - just make sure you're not doing anything that breaches law or council regulations, breathe deeply and move on. Approaching to take the phone and delete the photo? Hello assault charges. Don't make a silly situation worse.

The world is full of self important over zealous types - you won't change it. Just do what you have to to stay out of their crosshairs.

Thank you HW!!

I was also going to add that taking 1 photo does not amount to harassment and people like MUP need to stop giving out misinformation!

Agree, I am not worried about - it was 1 photo, no big deal. He was on lead, we were not doing anything wrong at the time.

I looked for her this morning and she wasn't there. I would never have touched her or her phone.

Even if she does it again, I am not doing anything wrong, so I don't have anything to worry about.

getting back to the subject of the original topic (being photographed-not if breaking the law). This person was probably just out to get some attention. Looking at this topic and its responses they probably achieved it. Best thing to do is not give this person the attention they are trying to get. Ignore them and go about your business. They are similar to school yard bullies. If you react to them they have gotten what they set out to obtain and will continue as long as they get the attention. If you ignore them they will give it away as it isn't getting the result they wanted.

This person was probably just out to get some attention. Looking at this topic and its responses they probably achieved it. Best thing to do is not give this person the attention they are trying to get. Ignore them and go about your business. They are similar to school yard bullies. If you react to them they have gotten what they set out to obtain and will continue as long as they get the attention. If you ignore them they will give it away as it isn't getting the result they wanted.

:thumbsup:

there were some interesting reactions posted , agreed.

if it was my bull breed cross, that would freak me out as it could end up in a dead dog.

Agreed.

I wonder how many do it, and do not make themselves known to owners ?..That would be my concern, and keep me very much out of the public eye wherever possible... :(

Maybe so, but she wasn't just taking a picture she was talking about reporting the dog. I guess living in Vic, if it was my bull breed cross, that would freak me out as it could end up in a dead dog.

That is true Aussie and that is the bit that bothered me. Lucky we are not in Vic and I am thankful that our rangers here do have common sense.

As I have said before - she didn't photograph us when he was off lead, it was well after. I don't even thing she saw us off lead and in the playground.

I am inclined to agree with others who have posted that she had nothing better to do - and as I didn't see her this morning, I am not going to worry about it.

True Perse, I often see people around where I live walking what are obviously pit bulls and I cringe :(

I was driving around the corner to my grandpa's house once (around the time the latest BSL crud was introduced) and picked up this gorgeous pitty girl, the sweetest dog. Found her owner about 20 mins later, he was out looking for her, and the poor guy (big tough Italian guy, from appearances it was very much the typical bad sterotype of pitty owner) was shaking like a leaf, almost crying because he couldn't find his dog. He obviously cared about her a lot, and she was a fantastic dog and a testament to the time and effort he'd put into her.

It made me so mad that had a regular member of the idiot public found her, she could have ended up dead.

It sickens me to think that a person who found a dog with a beautiful nature like the bitch you described, Disintegratus, would turn it in to the authorities based on its breed. Heavens knows, I've met aggressive bullies only as frequently as I've met aggressive everything else. BSL is infuriatingly stupid.

Lucky you found her :thumbsup:

I think she actually can take photos of anyone in a public place. If I were you, I probably would have taken the photo and deleted it straight away. However, since she still has the photo, you just have to get yourself ready for some authorities to show up in your place if they ever know where you live.

However, since she still has the photo, you just have to get yourself ready for some authorities to show up in your place if they ever know where you live.

Highly unlikely, Ziggy was adopted from the pound by Staffyluv, so would have been breed identified by the rangers firstly when he arrived at the pound & secondly when he was sold & microchipped.

The rangers at Queanbeyan are personable & professional - you have nothing to fear, Staffyluv, & hopefully the woman has taken up residence under the bridge again..... or wherever else she came from!

However, since she still has the photo, you just have to get yourself ready for some authorities to show up in your place if they ever know where you live.

Highly unlikely, Ziggy was adopted from the pound by Staffyluv, so would have been breed identified by the rangers firstly when he arrived at the pound & secondly when he was sold & microchipped.

The rangers at Queanbeyan are personable & professional - you have nothing to fear, Staffyluv, & hopefully the woman has taken up residence under the bridge again..... or wherever else she came from!

I am not worried about it - I was just curious about the legalities of taking a random pic of me and the dog but apparently it is perfectly legal.

I would never attempt to take someones phone and delete the pic - I could be charged with assault if she was so inclined..

I have been back twice and she hasn't been there - maybe she just had a bad day and I happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time..

Unlikely this person has a happy, fulfilled life and then tries to get other people's dogs destroyed for no apparent reason. I feel sorry for her if this is the best use if her time. Unfortunately when you're on the receiving end of this kind of thing it is worrying and creepy. Sorry you had to be the target of her ill will.

Unlikely this person has a happy, fulfilled life and then tries to get other people's dogs destroyed for no apparent reason. I feel sorry for her if this is the best use if her time. Unfortunately when you're on the receiving end of this kind of thing it is worrying and creepy. Sorry you had to be the target of her ill will.

Dear me, exaggeration much?

Surely it has to be more than boredom that is motivating her.

Surely it has to be more than boredom that is motivating her.

The evidence is that the woman objected to Staffyluv's dog not wearing a muzzle in public. It's ridiculous to extrapolate that into the woman is unfulfilled and wants to have dogs destroyed.

I have to agree with Sheridan on this one.

I don't at all agree with what the woman did, she's clearly uninformed. However suggestions like she's a sadist who wants to see people's dogs destroy seem extremely far-fetched. What if in the past she, someone close to her or a pet she had/knew was a victim of a dog attack involving a bully (to avoid starting fights, yes, I am WELL aware that it's not JUST bullies who do this)? That seems more likely, in my opinion, but it's impossible for any of us to know what her motivations are without having spoken to her.

I was talking to a friend about it yesterday and she said that perhaps the woman had a staffy type dog run up to her and frighten her at some time but we will never know..

There are many possible explanations as to why she thought Zig should be wearing a muzzle in public..

That is why she took our photo, because she thought we were breaking the law..

If she reports it and the ranger ever shows up to talk to me, then I guess I just have to deal with it.

But we have been back every day and she hasn't been there.. I am not that worried about it to be honest..