Boofy's Ongoing Cancer Battle.

~Anne~

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to hear Boof is back home and in your expert care! That's a big lesion for a little dog; I'm sure he will feel more comfortable soon and back to his old self. Fingers crossed for clear margins on the pathology. :)

Thanks everyone. He's woken up quite bright which is surprising and very pleasing. I'm about to give him some breakfast and another painkiller. All is looking good so far.

Bindo, I'm not sure they'll be looking for clear margins. They removed the entire spleen. :confused:

I can't recall if I have said this already, apologies if I have, but they think it might be a MCT which is a slightly better option to a hermangiosarcoma at this point.

Thanks everyone. He's woken up quite bright which is surprising and very pleasing. I'm about to give him some breakfast and another painkiller. All is looking good so far.

Bindo, I'm not sure they'll be looking for clear margins. They removed the entire spleen. :confused:

I can't recall if I have said this already, apologies if I have, but they think it might be a MCT which is a slightly better option to a hermangiosarcoma at this point.

Ah well, I am blonde :laugh: ! Sorry, it was late and I was rushing. Anyway, as you say, a low grade MCT is probably 'better' than a haemangiosarcoma. Most importantly, Boof is sounding like he is recovering well :)

We have the pathology results and I am cautiously optimistic.

The tumour was a fibrosarcoma. Splenic fibrosarcoma are more common in large breeds apparently. They're malignant but don't often metastasise which is the good news although they are often secondary cancers which is why I'm feeling cautiously optimistic.

Thank you again for your messages and thoughts. He is healing well and it's hard to believe he's undergone major surgery only a week ago. All is good! :)

We have the pathology results and I am cautiously optimistic.

Thank you again for your messages and thoughts. He is healing well and it's hard to believe he's undergone major surgery only a week ago. All is good! :)

Going to be bold and say 99% of this is all the TLC Boof is getting from you.

Joinging with the others in sedning TLC & HUGS :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

We are now several weeks out from the op and Boof is doing fabulously well. He's eating and drinking well and is looking pretty damn good. He seems much brighter in his face then he has been for a long time. He was always bright but seems to have a little more spark.

We can now call him scar boy. He has so many scars from all of the tumour removals and now a large, long scar down his abdomen as well. He still pretty handsome for an old both though. :heart:

• 1 year later...

Well it's a little over 12 months later and Boof is heading down the ultrasound track again. He has a mass in his abdomen. :(

In the last 6 months he's aged a fair bit. He sleeps a lot and has gone totally and utterly deaf. I was surprised at the speed of his hearing loss.

Anyway, his ultrasound is on Thursday. If you can spare a luck vibe or two, please send them his way.

The vets have tossed up different ideas, one being the splenic tumour metastasised, another is it is something very different. They think it may possibly be a kidney this time but, obviously, these are only guesses. The ultrasound should show us more.

Edited by ~Anne~

Thanks everyone. I've just re-read this thread.

Holy cow, what a journey my little boy has had! These threads really serve as detailed records. I must remember to download it all.

The support shown by others is incredibly touching. Thank you all.

He really is such a beautifully natured, sweet little thing. All of his life he's been fascinated by children and babies. If you have a room full of adults and little children, you'll find him sitting next to a child. He's like a little guardian of children and is simply fascinated by them. He always has been.