Boofy's Ongoing Cancer Battle.

~Anne~

It's not good news and they've given him only a very short time left.

He has two tumours in his liver and one attached to his small intestine. They believe it was the fribrosarcoma on the spleen that metastasised. Even if we wanted to, there is nothing left we can do.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not good news and they've given him only a very short time left.

He has two tumours in his liver and one attached to his small intestine. They believe it was the fribrosarcoma on the spleen that metastasised. Even if we wanted to, there is nothing left we can do.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Really sorry you have been given this devastating news about your beloved boy :cry: and know only too well how gut wrenching it is to receive this type of news :cry: My thoughts are with you and your beloved boy during this difficult time :hug: :hug:

Thank you all for your kind words. They've estimated 6-12 weeks at best.

I thought it wasn't going to be good but hearing it spoken was upsetting.

At this moment he is ok and he's not in any pain.

In fact, he is brighter than poor Olvia tonight. She was with him today at the vets and she had a tooth removed and three lumps removed. We now wait for the path results.

Edited by ~Anne~

Thanks westiemum. He's still going well although he has been drinking more water than usual. My vet said this will be because of the liver tumours.

Olivia's test results are back. The three lumps were all mast cell tumours. Thankfully only grade 1 and removed with clear margins. A relief but also a concern. MCTs seem so prevalent in pugs now. :(

Edited by ~Anne~

• 3 weeks later...

Boofy's stomach continues to expand. He now resembles a pregnant bitch. He is losing energy but I'm happy to say he's going ok. I know that could change suddenly but every day is another day with my boy.

We had a day at the beach recently. He enjoyed it as always but didn't have the energy for his usual pug run when he was let off leash.

post-3413-0-13912700-1428285937_thumb.jpg

post-3413-0-31037800-1428285950_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Boofy is still ok. The ok gets less ok by the day. He's so swollen now he is sometimes unsteady on his feet. This morning I picked him up to help him up the stairs and he is so heavy!!! The tumours must weigh a lot. :(

In the last few days he has begun to slow with his appetite. Normally he would Hoover everything and then some but as the weeks have progressed, his hoovering has slowed. He now eats slowly and leaves the crumbs. Leaving crumbs was unheard of before.

Last week he was good. He even picked up a toy on one evening to play! My girls had come to say goodbye to him and stayed overnight and he must have been feeling good that they were there. This week he has slowed. There hasn't been any interest in toys.

He is still wanting to eat though and he still looks expectantly at me when I am eating hoping I'll share. When that stops, it's time.

Edited by ~Anne~

Boof is deteriorating and we have made the decision to give him his wings this week. I can't bear to see him suffer. He has begun to not want dinner unless it is something special. He had chicken schnitzel last night and this morning. He can't eat much at any one time because there simply isn't room for food.

I always said that pugs never refuse food unless they're not breathing and I believe this is my signal. :cry:

Even though his abdomen is grossly extended, I can now feel his spine. His breathing worries me too. The tumours are so massive they're pushing on all of his internal organs.

I'll be confirming the day and time with my vet later today.

I just ordered his urn. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: