Boofy's Ongoing Cancer Battle.

~Anne~

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you everyone. He's gone. One little dog missing makes the house seem so quiet. Olivia also seems a little lost.

I cuddled him while my husband held up his leg, and the vet injected. He sooked when the needle went in and let out a little cry. He always was a sensitive little boy. I had my face against his and just kept whispering to him that everything was ok. Until he was gone.

His urn arrived during the week and he was collected this afternoon for cremation. I hate the thought that the tumours killing him will be included in those ashes. I'm sorry if that sounds strange. His stomach was so big with them.

:cry:

Edited by ~Anne~

You and your hubby are the ultimate custodians Anne - there until the end. Boofy was very lucky to have you I just hope I can be so courageous and kind when Mac's time comes. Big hugs from me and the westies. Thinking of you all. hug.gif

I am so sorry, Anne. In my years reading this forum it was always so clear from your posts just how loved your dear Boof has always been. Thinking of you at this sad time.

Thank you everyone. He is now back home (pic of his urn).

I feel at peace with the decision and his passing. :heart:

Olivia... not so. She is settling in as an only dog with some lumps and bumps which is keeping me busy! I left her inside the first day - she peed on the lounge. The lounge! I put our old dog fence up the second day (it contains her to an area) - she got through it. I put her outside the next day - she tore a hole in the screen door. I covered the lounge in plastic the next day - she peed on it again! On the plastic! Thankfully, it didn't run off anywhere.

It's just as well as I love her. She is keeping me sane and sending me insane at the same time. :laugh:

post-3413-0-38691800-1431079775_thumb.jpg

Edited by ~Anne~

Anne what a beautiful urn to keep Boofy in for forever. smile.gif

As to Olivia - my Sarah occasionally 'misbehaves' in a similar way - she has been known to wee on the lounge as well. So I feel for you!! But at the same time in a funny way its very grounding - life sure goes on!! Big hugs to you all. hug.gif