Boofy's Ongoing Cancer Battle.

~Anne~

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still not path results for Boof which is frustrating.

Thats sucky.....any idea on when they are likely to come through? How are Boof and Monte doing?

They expected them Thursday or Friday at the latest. I saw the vet again yesterday just to have the swelling checked and he said something about them having probs with the lab lately and it was like they were in holiday mode. We go the first results within a few says and there was New Year's Day in between.

They're both doing well. The swelling is something to do with the return of fluid/blood back up the leg as it is being pumped around. He did say what it was called but it went in one ear and kept travelling..... On Thursday night I spoke to him on the phone and he suggested applying a pressure bandage, which I did, and it has almost fixed it for the mean while. I just have to wap his leg again if it happens again. Aside from that he is doing fabulously well.

Monte is improving I am pleased to say. He even licked my face this morning and wagged his little curl a fraction. No more seizures overnight either which is a relief. I think my boy is going to be ok. I have my fingers crossed that my other boy will be too! Meanwhile, my only girl, the hilarious nutcase otherwise known as Olivia is not liking that the boys are getting all the attention. :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

After a needle biopsy it seems we have not one, but 2 more tumours. :(

Boof will be operated on, on Friday. They will then also put him on chemo to see if we an stem the tide of these tumours appearing. The poor bugger will undergo his 3rd surgery in 4 weeks.

Edited by ~Anne~

Thanks. I feel for him. He hates the Vet now and it stresses him so much. :(

It's so hard with Monte as well. They both need so much care at the moment. Olivia is playing up as I think she senses she is missing out. The other night, while we were out, she escaped the pen and got into the pantry! :eek: she managed to get her prescriptives kibble off the shelve, tore it open and ate a heap. I came home to 3 no 2s and a wet patch and a pug that could barely scratch herself she was so fat. She looked like a bloody sausage!