Meals For Mutts Kangaroo And Lamb

goldenluv

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just wondering if anyone had any updates on if they tried this food and how their dogs were going on it?

I have 2 boys and one did ok on this the other painful child did not.(both goldens)

I was worried about the biscuit it is paper thin

• 4 months later...

I've been feeding my greyhound and golden lab Meals For Mutts and have no complaints. I've tried the sardine and the duck ones. My only comment would be the duck version is quite high in fat which is good for my greyhound but stacks weight on the lab like crazy. The greyhound usually gets bored with her food after about a week of eating it, but that hasn't happened with this stuff so it's obviously quite palatable. In a ranking of foods I'd say it's definitely better than Black Hawk and probably on par with TOTW. As my dog gets bored easily, I need to change up her kibbles a lot so I'm always impressed when she consistently eats something for awhile. I usually add yoghurt, sardines or coconut oil to her food, so if you do this too, just watch the fat content. Greyhound metabolisms are so fast she can cope, but with other breeds, I'd probably be more watchful about additives.

• 4 months later...

Just reviving this old thread for more discussion.

I have had a hell of a time with itchy skin on one of my dogs for the last couple of years.

We tried everything available from washes to steroids.

We recently started feeding her this Meals For Mutts, the grain-free variety, and within a week the itching stopped completely.

Hair has started to return to where it had been lost as well.

This particular girl always had a 'sour' smell about her too, as if she'd always just eaten fish, and no amount of bathing could get rid of it.... it was just her affected skin, I imagine.

This has also almost completely cleared-up over the last couple of weeks which I am very happy about.

While many people on here question the nutritional quality of this product, and possibly with reason, I am one who will be sticking with it as I have seen great results so far.

Anyone else been using it with positive or negative results to share?

Here is the product for anyone interested: Meals For Mutts

We've been selling this food at the salon I work at for the entire time I've been there (over a year) and it's by FAR the most popular food and so many people have had fabulous success on it, we've had a lot of people swap onto it from Holistic Select, Canidae etc. My allergy Cavalier did really well on it too. The only issue I have with it is the size of the kibble, as my Pap is a hoover, so I mix it up with a bit of Nutro to slow him down.

I was told the food is manufactured in Melbourne but I could be wrong on that, so don't take my word for it!

• 2 weeks later...

Just though I'd add that we're on this brand at the moment. Really happy so far, apart from the piece size but I don't ever feed it on its own.

Love the fact that they DON'T add sneaky chicken or potato! Plus the ingredients list is really short compared to most I have tried.

The name doesn't bother me, I call my guys mutts all the time, even though they aren't.

Also just started my cats on the Meals for Meows too.

I'm still really happy with this food for both my dogs and cats. The poo pick up is different for sure! Heaps smaller.

Might have finally found a decent dry food that they all do really well on.

With the cat one, I find they don't eat the whole bowl of food when I dish it out either, they now graze.

Just though I'd add that we're on this brand at the moment. Really happy so far, apart from the piece size but I don't ever feed it on its own.

Love the fact that they DON'T add sneaky chicken or potato! Plus the ingredients list is really short compared to most I have tried.

The name doesn't bother me, I call my guys mutts all the time, even though they aren't.

Also just started my cats on the Meals for Meows too.

• 1 month later...

New Product!

MfM proudly produces another first in Australian pet food manufacturing.

Australia's own High Performance "Grain Free" Holistic formula, using Turkey, chickpeas & vegetables with BCAA's, Glutamine & Creatine.

Protein 32%

Fat 20%

Performance nutrition for athlete dogs competing in agility, tracking, working, show, flyball, greyhound, schutzhund and dock dogs.

We've been selling this food at the salon I work at for the entire time I've been there (over a year) and it's by FAR the most popular food and so many people have had fabulous success on it, we've had a lot of people swap onto it from Holistic Select, Canidae etc. My allergy Cavalier did really well on it too. The only issue I have with it is the size of the kibble, as my Pap is a hoover, so I mix it up with a bit of Nutro to slow him down.

I was told the food is manufactured in Melbourne but I could be wrong on that, so don't take my word for it!

It's made in Reservoir Vic

For those using this food what varieties are you feeding. I have been seriously thinking of trying it on my dogs as it has no wheat, corn, soy, beet pulp or tomato pomice. With all other dog kibbles I've researched you can't get away from at least one of them. My only dilemma is which one to get. I have one fatty & 2 thin dogs.

It's made in Reservoir Vic

For those using this food what varieties are you feeding. I have been seriously thinking of trying it on my dogs as it has no wheat, corn, soy, beet pulp or tomato pomice. With all other dog kibbles I've researched you can't get away from at least one of them. My only dilemma is which one to get. I have one fatty & 2 thin dogs.

Other brands free of those ingredients include Canidae Grain free varieties and Sunday Pets Grain free. :-)

The only thing I find with regular MFM is it's pretty low in meat proteins, and even the grain free will have a fair amount of vegetable proteins from the peas and lentils. The grain free is decent food otherwise and the ingredients are well chosen.

i have thought same as you Dave-o, and with lentils being a high protein legume you would think the protein would be higher too.

I have to wonder how well dogs would assimilate things like lentils and chickpeas, pretty high in fibre amongst other things .....

• 6 months later...

New Product!

MfM proudly produces another first in Australian pet food manufacturing.

Australia's own High Performance "Grain Free" Holistic formula, using Turkey, chickpeas & vegetables with BCAA's, Glutamine & Creatine.

Protein 32%

Fat 20%

Performance nutrition for athlete dogs competing in agility, tracking, working, show, flyball, greyhound, schutzhund and dock dogs.

I've gotten a free sample of this (just enough for one meal unfortunately), but as long as that goes down fine, I'll be trialing my boy on this soon.