Meals For Mutts Kangaroo And Lamb

goldenluv

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ingredients

Kangaroo meat and lamb meat, ground brown rice, vegetables including peas, alfalfa, natural fats and oils, omega 3, 6 & 9, yeast, garlic, kelp, vitamins A, C, D3, E, K, B1, B2, B6, B12, niacin, pantothenic acid, folacin, biotin and natural organic acids, plus minerals, calcium, phosphorus, sodium, copper, zinc, iron, manganese and iodine. Also contains Yucca shidigera extract and natural flavours, and is preserved using natural vitamin E and rosemary oil.

Please note this food does not contain any sugar (as sucrose) and is free of dairy products.

Dry Matter Basis

Crude Protein (min) 20%

Crude Fat (min) 11%

Ash (Typical) 5%

Crude Fibre (max) 6%

Moisture 10%

Phosphorus (min) 1.0%

Calcium (min) 2.0%

I wondered if there was any kangaroo based food in aus. For my dog I would not feed this as the fat content isn't high enough for her needs

Ingredients

Kangaroo meat and lamb meat, ground brown rice, vegetables including peas, alfalfa, natural fats and oils, omega 3, 6 & 9, yeast, garlic, kelp, vitamins A, C, D3, E, K, B1, B2, B6, B12, niacin, pantothenic acid, folacin, biotin and natural organic acids, plus minerals, calcium, phosphorus, sodium, copper, zinc, iron, manganese and iodine. Also contains Yucca shidigera extract and natural flavours, and is preserved using natural vitamin E and rosemary oil.

Please note this food does not contain any sugar (as sucrose) and is free of dairy products.

Dry Matter Basis

Crude Protein (min) 20%

Crude Fat (min) 11%

Ash (Typical) 5%

Crude Fibre (max) 6%

Moisture 10%

Phosphorus (min) 1.0%

Calcium (min) 2.0%

I wondered if there was any kangaroo based food in aus. For my dog I would not feed this as the fat content isn't high enough for her needs

Thanks for the reply, would the fat be enough for the average dog thoe ?

I only add things like yoghurt, sardines to the dry food would this be enought for a dog?

Hi just wondering if any one has used this food and whats it like?

MEALS FOR MUTTS KANGAROO AND LAMB

its grain free and Australian, so I'm hoping its a good one :-)

doesn't look too babd, but for me it is not grain free if it contains rice!

Hi just wondering if any one has used this food and whats it like?

MEALS FOR MUTTS KANGAROO AND LAMB

Yeah, I'd be immediately wary of any food that is marketed so dishonestly.

That aside, the ingredient list really isn't all that great. Two meats listed together, probably to bump them to the top of the list, ahead of the rice (the grain-free rice, no less). Which means your first ingredient is probably rice :/

That aside, the ingredient list really isn't all that great. Two meats listed together, probably to bump them to the top of the list, ahead of the rice (the grain-free rice, no less). Which means your first ingredient is probably rice :/

I don't think it is marketed as grain free usually, just wheat and corn free.

It isn't marketed as grain free. They have brought out a Salmon & Sardine variety as well. Lovely new packaging too.

I've had mine on it since it was first brought out as I like to try new foods on my lot before carrying it in store. All three seem fine on it, no upset stomachs or anything, bit hard to tell coatwise as all blowing coat after bitch in season and at this time of year anyway.

http://www.mealsformutts.com.au/

Edited by Austerra

I don't think it is marketed as grain free usually, just wheat and corn free.

sorry was responding to the OP who said "its grain free and Australian"

Having now seen the price for what it is :eek: will stick to a mix of TOTW and VIP

Pet 'N' The Dog @ Beaconsfield Vic - 2.5 kg is $20 and 10 kg is $55. Even less for Dogs Vic members.

to me that is expensive for something full of rice

Mhrm.

ToTW is $19.95 here for 2kg and in terms of ingredients, looks far better for a fairly small amount extra.

Edited to add..

Meals for Mutts looks very similar to Black Hawk- which in my opinion (having used it to supplement feeding raw) is a rubbish food. I'd stick to ToTW or Ziwipeak, if you can afford it.

Edited by Hardy's Angel

I did ask the rep what the "natural fats and oils" and "natural flavours" were specifically, as well as where it is manufactured, and received no response in spite of promises to get back to me.

When we select products to stock, we like straight answers to simple questions lol.

Sags

I did ask the rep what the "natural fats and oils" and "natural flavours" were specifically, as well as where it is manufactured, and received no response in spite of promises to get back to me.

When we select products to stock, we like straight answers to simple questions lol.

Sags

thanks for that, I have defantly change my mind about trying it :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Update time!

I just got a snarky PM from a member with zero posts who "feeds their dogs the product" (but certainly wouldn't be involved in the business, oh no- insert Mister Rolley Eyes Man here) demanding to know..

why are you making claims that they are dishonest can you provide me with this proof as I read the web site and spoken to suppliers and it does not state that anywhere. Also you mention 2 meats together as first ingredient and claim its not please provide me with proof of this as well?

P.S have you tried the food?

Pro business tip- ^ that is a terrible way to do business.