A Tibbie In Blacktown Pound

She looks like she's fairly recently been clipped... an all-over clip. Someone in her background must care... or have cared.

BTW The search by breed menu for Blacktown Pound doesn't include Tibetan Spaniel, nor Pekingese nor Cavalier.

http://services.blacktown.nsw.gov.au/petsonline/AnimalsForSale.aspx

I think the menu will only search on breeds that are currently entered into it. They had this girl listed as a Jap Chin x.

The tibbie did not go home, so would have been adopted or went to rescue. I do not know which, but I do know that she made it out of the pound. :thumbsup:

Thank you so much for this info. I don't know if it's the same little doggie, but the Tibetan Spaniel Association of NSW said someone had told them about a tibbie in a Sydney pound. I'll let them know this good news...

She looks like she's fairly recently been clipped... an all-over clip. Someone in her background must care... or have cared.

BTW The search by breed menu for Blacktown Pound doesn't include Tibetan Spaniel, nor Pekingese nor Cavalier.

http://services.blacktown.nsw.gov.au/petsonline/AnimalsForSale.aspx

I think the menu will only search on breeds that are currently entered into it. They had this girl listed as a Jap Chin x.

That makes sense, Aloysha, why a limited number of breeds showed on that menu.

Goodness... Jap Chin X. Often it's Peke X or Cav X.

Seems, tho', that someone twigged she might be a Tibbie.

Thanks to all who might've helped her in some way.

I think she was spotted pretty early Mita - it was pretty obvious from her pic that she was more Tibbie than Chin!

The weird breed IDs is why I try to go through all the photos - you never know what they really might be! :eek:

I think she was spotted pretty early Mita - it was pretty obvious from her pic that she was more Tibbie than Chin!

The weird breed IDs is why I try to go through all the photos - you never know what they really might be! :eek:

Onya for doing that. The less common breeds are so at risk for being ID'ed wrongly.

Good to know, this girl got twigged early.... shows people are getting a good eye for Tibbies!!

But it can make it trickier when a tibbie's been fully clipped. Our p/b tibbie girl has been clipped this summer & she looks so different.

Here's a fully clipped tibbie to show just how different!

post-3304-0-35913000-1357001459_thumb.jpg

Edited by mita